Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member for a few years now but I restored my GTV back in 96 when I was either not aware of the BB or it had not started yet. This was my first restoration although i have always worked on cars as a hobby. Saw the GTV's come out new when I was a teenager and always wanted one.

There are so many beautiful cars on this site that I was reluctant to show mine but finally took some pictures yesterday on a nice day in Vancouver.

The car was originally from California but had not been driven since 91. Body was good but that's about it. I did all the work in my garage, disassembled the entire car and put it back together with the help of many books. Took about 2 years. The scope was and still is to keep it as original as possible. The spica stop screw was also tampered with but I was able to get it right through much trial and error and Pat Braden's book

Since signing onto the BB, I was able to go back on many of my previous mistakes from lack of info and over the last many years have gone back in , disassembled and reassembled again to get it right. Also many new parts have come back on the market which I have found through the BB and replaced. As you can see in the photos, there are still a few things to do but the fun is getting there. It drives fantastically. The only work I did not do was the body and paint. Paint is still from the original Resto. Any comments on originality would be appreciated. I posted my photos in Photobucket at
http://photobucket.com/1974gtv2000

Thanks again and looking forward to your comments.

Lawrence

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
ThanksAlfa BB

I have been a member for a few years now but I restored my GTV back in 96 when I was either not aware of the BB or it had not started yet. This was my first restoration although i have always worked on cars as a hobby. Saw the GTV's come out new when I was a teenager and always wanted one.

There are so many beautiful cars on this site that I was reluctant to show mine but finally took some pictures yesterday on a nice day in Vancouver.

The car was originally from California but had not been driven since 91. Body was good but that's about it. I did all the work in my garage, disassembled the entire car and put it back together with the help of many books. Took about 2 years. The scope was and still is to keep it as original as possible. The spica stop screw was also tampered with but I was able to get it right through much trial and error and Pat Braden's book

Since signing onto the BB, I was able to go back on many of my previous mistakes from lack of info and over the last many years have gone back in , disassembled and reassembled again to get it right. Also many new parts have come back on the market which I have found through the BB and replaced. As you can see in the photos, there are still a few things to do but the fun is getting there. It drives fantastically. The only work I did not do was the body and paint. Paint is still from the original Resto. Any comments on originality would be appreciated. I posted my photos in Photobucket at
http://photobucket.com/1974gtv2000

Thanks again and looking forward to your comments.

Lawrence
I'm glad that you found my husband's book useful in your restoration. If you're still having issues with SPICA you might try locating some of Joe Benson's writings on SPICA, which should be available in old Alfa Owner monthly magazines and also as a separate publication from the Alfa Club, AROC.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheryl

Pat's Bible was one of the first ones I purchased and still refer to after all these years. Still a favorite.

Lawrence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts