Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost there now, ten laps around the world in my Duetto. Pretty soon I will have done 400.000 km over 45 years. From Nordkapp to Puglia, Sweden, France, Italy, Norway, Finland, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, San Marino and some more. Mille Miglia five times too. Still as thrilled as the first time. Any more Duettos with the same distance on the odo?

Meno parole, piú Duetto!

1970!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
That's a fantastic achievement Wille, congratulations!
The longest trip I have done in either of my cars is down into France, a 1200 km round trip.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Wonderful !

Congratulations.

Vin

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
My '72 has about 380,000 miles which is over 600,000 kilometers and although I have replaced the head, cams, pistons, liners and block it still has the original crankshaft and connecting rods. The only thing replaced in the transmission were the sychro rings.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wille , I have no way of catching up in my 74...but I HAVE put 3500 miles on it since January....most recent trip to cruising the coast in Mississippi...1450 miles round trip plus driving around there..total miles on car is now 114 k.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congrats Wille,

Hey! 10 laps around the planet is the same distance from Earth to the Moon!

I once spent the entire month of February in Sweden. I would of traded that for your two weeks of Summer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imponerande Wille! Jag är glad ifall jag hinner med 50mil om året. Skall förhoppningsvis bli mer nu när jag äntligen är klar med totalrenoveringen av hjulupphängningen och styrning.

/Jens

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imponerande Wille! Jag är glad ifall jag hinner med 50mil om året. Skall förhoppningsvis bli mer nu när jag äntligen är klar med totalrenoveringen av hjulupphängningen och styrning.

/Jens
Jens from Staffanstorp....another almost former neighbor...as my dad had a farm very close where we would spend summers,,,,,,Asbjer , in Ugglarp

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bjorn that is close. About a 20min drive. That is also about the distance between me and Wille. And by coincidence also the distance between where Wille live and Ugglarp. :).

Too bad you left. Around your old farm. We have some really nice roads for our Alfas. For those who don't know, check the link.

https://goo.gl/maps/dFLVU

It is not the swiss alps by any means but still really good sweeping roads.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Bjorn that is close. About a 20min drive. That is also about the distance between me and Wille. And by coincidence also the distance between where Wille live and Ugglarp. :).

Too bad you left. Around your old farm. We have some really nice roads for our Alfas. For those who don't know, check the link.

yes , great roads there....Wille and I might even have met long ago....recently found out he was a classmate of my ex wife (from Trelleborg)....When there around Ugglarp I drove my 65 FIAT 1500 cabriolet....an..of course my son lives very close to Wille, he lives in Höllviken

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Agree, nice roads and many turns and no Autovelox. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wille, det er virkelig flot af den "gamle" Signorita.
Men på den anden side 40 år og 400.000 km.
Det er blot 10.000 om året. Med 365 dage om året er det 96km om dagen.
Med en gennemsnits hastighed på 50km, er det blot 2 timer, om dagen.
Hvad har du brugt din rest tiden til. ?????
Hilsner
Bjarke

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wow! That's commitment.

What about these little cars has made you such an enthusiast, like so many of us on the BB, but more so?

Cheers to that many more,

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations, Willie. Are you planning to join us in Warwick for the 2015 AROC convention (24 June-28 June)? Would love to see you, your car and your wife.

Alfamiglia Nordest 2015

Ciao,
Thanks for the invitation. Don't think so, I'm in Europe. :balloon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts