Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperature setting on the fuel pump, you got N - normal C - cold F - frezzing.

My pump was set at C - cold, so I set it to N - normal because I live in California and it never really drops below 59 F/ 15 C.
My question:
Whats this exactly for? To keep a constant air & fuel mixture, which I dont understand how that would work? Can i get better air/fuel mixture on a different setting? Somone explain this to me, its sitting in the back of my head. Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The lever is for making minor mixture adjustments for the different seasons. What it actually does is to move the barometric capsule up and down a small amount richening the mixture for colder weather. This adjustment is very small and most don’t see much of a difference.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Agree. Just leave it in "N." BTW, it's technically incorrect to call it the "fuel" pump. It's the "Injection" Pump. The fuel pump is back by the RR wheel.

Recommend you get Wes Ingram's book on SPICA Injection Pumps. It's very good and will answer many questions. There's also many good sources on the web for tech info on the SPICA system. . . St Louis AROC Il Saluti Tech Site, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Injection pump, thinking fuel and air ratios made me call it the fuel pump whoops, sorry.

I have a "Instruction and Maintenance Manual for Alfa Romeo 2000 Fuel Injection Models" book. Which doesnt really get to in dept in its subjects. Webers will soon be replacing the Spica.

p.s. Roadtrip, can you post the link for the St. Louis AROC site? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
An old trick is to set the mixture to optimum with the Fuel Cutoff Solenoid with the pump temp selector in "N." Many times pumps are set too rich at hi speed, so be sure to set it precisely. Then, if you need you can richen the mixture slightly by going to "C" or "F," as needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts