Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to 105 cars.
On a 1300 Jr motor is there another temp probe on the back side of the motor on the exhaust side? Seems like a good place to take a reading, close to the liners. Anyway I have something that looks like a torture tool that I think came from that location.
Bought a block in pieces from someone, so not sure about the part.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
I think the torture tool your refering to is the block drain petcock located a few inches below the #4 exhaust port. When opened, it's used to, well, drain coolant from the block. Never saw a temp probe in that location though; I'd think the liner would be in the way. AFAIK, the 1750 and 2000 105s have a threaded brass plug instead of a petcock.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Bruce,

Not sure this will be helpful, but my 1600 has a draincock (ahem) on the exhaust side of the block. I assume this is for draining coolant. There's also an oil temp probe on the oil filter bracket.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we haven't got to it yet. I have a petcock valve on my giulietta. This thing mounts from the back of the block, above the bellhousing, with a shaft about seven inches long. The exposed end, what was left of it, had a wire take off.
You know the latitudinal bulge on the block just below the exhaust ports, that is what this is inserted in.... from the back end of the motor.

b

1 - 4 of 4 Posts