Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other posts were the pictures that made me happy, now the question.

On my great drive through the canyon I noticed that my temp gauge was moving with my fuel gauge on the curves. It looked like it was being measured by a float. On the hard lefts, it drifted up into the 3rd quadrant and on the hard rights, it drifted a bit below 175. Not a lot or radically, but it definitely moved with the g force.

Anyone else see this? If not, any ideas?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The temperature gauge in my S3 does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wiring, wiring, wiring. Clean all grounds and contacts that have to do with the temp sender. Never noticed this on the 86.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The fuel gauge on my '79 would go all the way to zero when the gauge wires would ground to the chassis. I would assume it is the same problem. It is an easy fix to either adjust and clean the leads/contacts or wrap them in electrical tape to prevent them grounding.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had the same problem on my '69 spider and after it occurring intermittently for a couple of weeks, it stopped doing it. So, problem solved. Gotta love these cars!

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,041 Posts
maybe youre low on coolant?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the same issue with my 1991 Spider and this started when I had the water pump replaced...so I wouldn't worry about it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts