Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is (1) original Technomagnesio 7x14 magnesium GTA wheel.
The wheel is in great condition.
$1,000.00 USD
Please email me at:
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is a ORIGINAL Technomagnesiso magnesium 7 x 14 wheel from the 1980's not a modern reproductions.

Campagnolio made the Technomagnesiso wheels when they changed the name of their wheel making business to Technomagnesiso. This wheel is the result a original Campagnolio Technomagnesiso wheel for the Alfa Romeo GTA.

Technomagnesios were reproductions manufactured in the 80's/90's - not original (which would be Campagnolo)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Technomagnesio did not exist prior to 1981.
As written by John Hertzman back in 2003:

"Last footnote, Campagnolo branched out of its original bicycle-parts business into car wheel manufacture when it bought Amadori, a small maker of cast alloy wheels (seen on some early Alfa Sprint Zagatos) in 1961, and changed the name of its wheel-making division to TecnoMagnesio in 1981; the division was sold seven years later, and the name changed with a couple of ownership changes, but the TecnoMagnesio trade name was retained. So the current TecnoMagnesio 'copies' of TZ and GTA wheels, which differ in some details from the originals, are more legitimate descendants of the originals than knock-offs, which they are sometimes assumed to be."

From http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65/159888-amadori-wheels.html#post827515

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Not to stir the pot to much. Back in 1992 when I bought my Tecnomagnesio GTA rims. It was explained to me by the importer and seller that in 1984 Campagnolo decided it wanted to focus on its bicycle parts. So it sold the wheel division to FPS. Which explains why Alfa rims went from Campagnolo to FPS in 1986. FPS made the rims in regular wheel alloy which is heaver then magnesium. FPS did not want the the wheel designs from the 60's. Meaning the GTA's, SZ's and a couple of others. So Campagnolo decide they would make them in small runs and called them Tecnomagnesio as they wanted the Campagnolo name only on their bicycle parts. Availability was spotty back then. I originally wanted the 7x14's. But they had been on order for almost a year. I got 5 of the last 7 or so they had of the 6X14's. By the mid 90's I think Campagnolo sold the Tecnomagnesio name and they went on to make a lot of different rims for all types of cars.

Then main difference in the originals from the 60's and the Tecnomagnesio ones from the 80's and early 90's is the tecno's have an insert casted in them for the lug nut to press against.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. OBO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts