Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Alfa Owners,

As some of you may know, I am originally a Porsche guy who has gone Italiano with my '58 Alfa Giulietta. For several years, I have shipped my car out from the east coast for the Targa California, which is scheduled for this year from April 23 to April 25.

Here is a link to the web page on the rally:

About ? Targa California

Here is a link to the registration page:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2054

This is a 1000 mile rally through California with about 100 cars, all manufactured before 1973. While some rally's are about the scenery or the showing of the cars, this one is about driving some really great "driver's roads". My preference with my cars has always been to drive rather than to show, so this is one reason I love this trip.

The organizer Dave is a nationally respected Porsche mechanic, so many of the cars are Porsche's, but Alfa Romeo is always represented by a handful of aficionados.

I intend to ship my car out from New York the week before and would love to add some Alfas to my carrier. As the information on the trip and the shipping becomes available, I'll be posting here. Please feel free to PM me or comment here with any interest or questions.

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
238 Posts
I might be interested, not with an Alfa, but maybe my 356 or Bugeye Sprite.

PM Me, I am going to the Mille Miglia in Italy in May, but I might be able to swing this too...

Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for the support ! As of this morning , three days after opening registration, we already have 35 cars entered.
I LOVE to have Alfas participating, as well as other makes besides Porsches. But in the end its all about car PEOPLE have a great time together.
We will consider all years Alfa joining us, as they are interesting and special. Okay- let me qualify this a little. If we get a 164, later Milano, etc, that is great, but if 10 4C's want to come we will have to limit that to a max of two ;-)

HOTELS: The Wednesday night hotel in Thousand Oaks is a bit difficult at times to get thru to the front desk. Be persistent.
We have good room blocks for Thursday and Friday nights in Santa Cruz, but Saturday night is tight with the options we have in Paso Robles. So don't waste any time in reserving. Info is on the nasa registration page for the event

All the best

Dave Bouzaglou
chief disorganizer

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ran the event last year-can't recommend it enough. All signed up again in the Corvette and should have the Spider signed up for my friend shortly. Don't miss it!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts