Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of folks like Tapatalk, but it has gotten real annoying lately. Today, I got an email about a thread on AlfaBB regarding a car with a faked VIN. I looked, read the thread, then realized it was last updated in 2013. 2013???!!! Why did it send me this? I'm guessing it picked the title in an effort to get me to respond and open the link (which it succeeded in doing). This is similar to how Facebook tries to provoke people to respond to things. The second article in the email was about a new Alfa model and the third was about an issue with a 164. There was nothing relevant to me in there at all.

The tools within AlfaBB and the other BBs that are linked with Tapatalk are perfectly adequate and they can be personalized so I only get emails when topics I follow are updated. Does Tapatalk contribute funding to the AlfaBB or are they just a 3rd party tool that is leveraging the BB for a profit? Unless they are paying AlfaBB for the privilege of connecting, I'm going to dump it. Far more trouble than it is worth in my opinion. Can anybody explain why it is so great?

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
According to this sticky, AlfaBB stopped supporting Tapatalk in Dec, 2013.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm glad to hear that. Funny that I only think I downloaded it within the last year or so based on something I either read on the site or got in an email. Apparently Tapatalk is still profiting from AlfaBB even though there is no direct relationship.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts