Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophia is our new to us '85 Spider Veloce. Here is a YouTube video of taking delivery and our first few weeks with her:

·
Registered
1987 Quad
75 Posts
Great to see your joy. It is all that matters and that is what sports cars create! Have fun.
Lin

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
you are brave!
But you are both enjoying things so much I can only wish you good luck with the new family member!

Does your speedo only go to 85? (some USA models were like that) as you said it has a top speed of 80 or 85 miles an hour?
that odd speedo doesn't mean the car only does 85 ;)

any alfa spider should do the ton or more.
(that's brit for 100 mph)

·
Registered
89 Posts
How great to see Father and Son with such huge smiles that only an Alfa can give you.

You are both grinning like Cheshire cats
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Sophia is our new to us '85 Spider Veloce. Here is a YouTube video of taking delivery and our first few weeks with her:
:)
You guys look like you are having a blast. Top down in winter in Utah is crazy. Enjoy and reach out any time you have questions. The tach could be any of several things but there is a box on the drivers side under the hood that is for counting mileage for O2 sensor replacement monitoring. That may be the cause and if so, you can get a replacement cable from an earlier model to bypass that instead of having it and two cables.
Enjoy. Hope the heater works!:)
Just realized I answered this thinking about the speedo and not the tach. Sorry
My brain needs help. More alcohol.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
the non-op electronic Jaeger tach could just be the white wire on the coil negative side.
I would in any case remove all wires at the coil and clean them (remember which wires go where) ...as that engine bay looks thoroughly filthy in the video........what is all that brown?

(Greg, I know its just a typo on your part, but the cat mileage counter you reference is for the speedo;))

·
Registered
14 Posts
I absolutely love seeing a young guy getting such a thrill from a vintage Alfa : ) Enjoy it and welcome to the community!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts