Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so here's the deal, I need to get rid of the car I cannot afford this extensive amount of money into this build. I am in college and making very little money any more. http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/milano-75-1987-1989/31532-just-few-sneakpreview-pics.html
Car is Located In Lake Forest, Ca
There is the link to the build.
-The car is a 87 Verde with approx 200,000 on the chassis.
-The 3.0 was rebuild about 40,000 miles ago everything had be replaced.
-The car has a true Evo kit installed on it.
-The suspension has been replaced with Koni adjustable yellows. Car also has bigger weld in sways.
-The whole interior has been redone with a full Autopower cage. Two Sparco fighter seats, no backseat. There is a pretty big stereo in its place.
-Now for the frosting on the cake what you will also get with the car.
-I have a full complete 1.8lt turbo block.
Now please bear with me as i don't remember the full list of things included but I'll do my best.
The head was just rebuild about 3000 miles ago from the po I bought this from. It has fully custom hayabusa itb with a custom intake, external water pump, a top mount exhaust manifold, megasquirt programmable ecu. This will also come with The radiator and inter-cooler I bought with it. Plus the one i was planning on using for a v-mount setup.

Now onto the couple problems..

Seeing as I have no time or money to finish the this the 1.8 is broken down. The rings were being replaced which I have total seal rings bnib.
PO said that compression was a little low in one cylinder. I went to drain the oil and just inspect things to find 14 quarts of oil in this block. Everything else looks fine the reason there was so much oil is the oil return line was plumed into the dipstick tube.
Granted I know this is kind of worthless all broken apart but its a great motor no signs of any wear or anything of that nature.
Now onto the car it self.
The few problems-
The most forward guibo is blown. I would have replaced it if i didn't have the other motor waiting. I didn't see the point of pulling the whole drive line twice.
A few of the autometer gauges do not work. main one being speedo, other being fuel level.
Body kit has few minor cracks in the fenders.
One of the subs is blown.

So I'm looking to get around 5k for the car and the included motor.
Pleas let me know if there is any interest I can't afford this anymore.
Also if you have any interest in this shoot me an email I'm not on here too much anymore.
[email protected]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
137 views and not one comment.
Pretty much track ready car honestly not to much work to get it done I'm just not motivated to put more money into this.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,698 Posts
Here's a comment... don't tell a sob story, post a for sale ad.

You're missing basic info like.... wait for it...

A price!

Where the car is located!

Photos of the car!

Come on man...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Photos can be found in his link up there (build thread)

It says he wants about $5,000 for it.
"So I'm looking to get around 5k for the car and the included motor. "

However, there is no location, like you said.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can take some it will be tomorrow though. It's still in very good shape though. It's just unfortunately has become a burden. I hate to see it go but i want some one on here to end up with it. I have a bunch of friends that would buy it, but it would be in the wrong hands.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
C'mon guys: Lake Forest, CA.
I'm pretty sure that was edited in.

Not trying to be an ***, just tying to point out that it's a pretty weak sales pitch. I'm in marketing, it's easy for me to criticize. But a new ad that highlights the strong points, has some photos would do wonders.

I opened the link and all I saw was a shell. I closed it right there.

GLWS, seriously.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
. . .I'm pretty sure that was edited in. . . .
That would be my opinion as well.
I searched this thread, and most/all posts in the linked thread, specifically looking for location. . . and found nothing.

Looks like a pretty cool modified Milano. Some(many?) of us are looking for a close to stock version though.

Good luck.
Gerry

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm pretty sure that was edited in.

Not trying to be an ***, just tying to point out that it's a pretty weak sales pitch. I'm in marketing, it's easy for me to criticize. But a new ad that highlights the strong points, has some photos would do wonders.

I opened the link and all I saw was a shell. I closed it right there.

GLWS, seriously.
You sir, fail at the internet. If you take the time to look, it is called a build thread for a reason. There are some really nice pictures of his work and car towards the end.

I love your car man, it is very different! I think you should keep the car for now, just put it aside for a while. It is important to have young people driving alfa's around.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
You sir, fail at the internet. If you take the time to look, it is called a build thread for a reason. There are some really nice pictures of his work and car towards the end.

I love your car man, it is very different! I think you should keep the car for now, just put it aside for a while. It is important to have young people driving alfa's around.
Actually, I don't. And I certainly don't fail at marketing. My point here was not to be an ***, but to help point out why so many people were looking, but nobody was responding. And hey, it worked! How about that... maybe I do know what I'm doing. :p

·
Registered
403 Posts
I remember stumbling onto some pictures of this car before, and they blew me away. Very impressive, very different.

I have to admit, though-- I'm with inhistoryclass. You should keep it! You've already admitted you'll be taking a loss if it sells. Do you really want to lose money and a sick car?

Regardless of what you decide to do, good luck... and thanks for creating a unique project.

Evan

·
Registered
572 Posts
Actually, I don't. And I certainly don't fail at marketing. My point here was not to be an ***, but to help point out why so many people were looking, but nobody was responding. And hey, it worked! How about that... maybe I do know what I'm doing. :p
It doesnt matter if you are a marketing god or whatever image of yourself you might have. When you complain about there not being pictures on the first page of a build thread... you fail. I really doubt that people hesitated to respond because they could not figure out how to progress through an interesting thread. However, I am with you on the addition of recent pictures, that would help. Kudos to you for trying to help get his sale ad more attention. :)

I remember seeing this car in person and Cars and Coffee a long time ago. I dont know what has been done since then, but it was a really nice car. I remember a very fine attention to detail, from paint to weatherstripping.
The only thing that i did not agree with was the back seat stereo mods. However, prolly not a huge deal to undo.

I remember being envious of the owner because my milano was not as cool:(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Geeze. I hadn't been getting notifications on new post. Well everyone that has been so stoked on the car thank you very much. I had been some what talked out of it by my gf, now with the positive response here I have become very motivated to finish it up and get it to the point i have wanted it.
Archeologist thanks for all the thread bumps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts