Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am in the process of reassembling my 1750 GTV and I just can not figure out the tacho cable. I run a 2L Block with a 3 port water pump for mechanical RPM cable.

I tried the orginal lenghth 1750 GTV cable and the longer 2L version ... still seems too short. Could you please help me with some advice (maybe routing, but I can not see a shorter way...)

thanks in advance
Christian

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice work! You cable routing looks right to me, but others will be more knowledgeable. My car is a RHD and has the same pickup from the water pump, but has a longer cable I suspect. CA show (EN087) a 'rev/tacho' cable from the LHD cars that is used for the speedo on RHD cars at 1.85m. They also show (EN088) a 2.0m cable for RHD speedos. EN 103 shows the LHD Tacho cable at 1.55m. Could you use one of the longer cables?

·
Premium Member
21,347 Posts
I think what you can buy, they're all the same for 105/115 cars. It just runs forward, under the battery box, under the alternator, behind the belt, into the water pump. It looks like you're close; can you find an inch or two of slack in the run that would have them meet?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,347 Posts
Right, RHD would be different, but that doesn't appear to be an issue here.
Andrew

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I tried through the main cable grommet. I can get it connected, but still the cable is lightly pulling on the thacho and the water pump. I see what I can do, maybe a custom cable an come back to show the result...

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,059 Posts
Sounds normal. The tach cable is pretty tight, typically. It can be a challenge to get it attached/detached as you can't pull the instrument cluster out very far to do so.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The stock LHD cable is 1.55m it seems. The RHD cable is 1.85m or around 11 inches longer in US terms. So the opposite challenge I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts