Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to switch them in places?
tach instead of speedo, and speedo instead of tach,
today I almost got a ticket (again) since my volvo has speedo on left and tach on right, while driving Alfa im always looking at tach!! yeah i known im retarded, but as they say "better safe than sorry" im just researching the options,

and quick question, do front side markers should work as a position lights or as a turn lights as well? I had a small puzzle with my turn lights recently (and guess what? BAD ground... ;))) ) and im just wandering if I did put together everything back properly...

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The side markers on the bumpers are just that.

They can be custom wired to flash with the turn signals and still act as side markers if you wanted to go that route though. (daytime they flash with the signals, night time the alternate on/off opposite the turn signals)

Yes, the speedo and tach can be switched in the pods. The speedo drive cable might be a bit of a PITA to get re-routed, and the tripometer reset cable will certainly give fits, but beyond that, it could be done.

·
Administrator
16,645 Posts
today I almost got a ticket (again) since my volvo has speedo on left and tach on right, while driving Alfa im always looking at tach!!

im just researching the options,
How about a sticker (like a Post-it Note) on the tach:
Look over there --->

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
while driving my Alfa im always looking at tach!! ...
I thought this was proper procedure. ;) I remember my Alfetta, the only thing in front of the wheel was the tach. All the other unnecessary stuff was way over to the side, I guess to keep the passenger amused.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
How about a sticker (like a Post-it Note) on the tach:
Look over there --->
You're too funny, Eric... really made me laugh, but it is actually a very good idea...

Maciej,
I wouldn't start fooling with the tach and speedo now. You will, sooner or later, experience a speedometer cable failure, and then you'll realize why it's best if this doesn't happen sooner. You'll get used to your instruments, and trying to get all instruments the same across cars may be truly ardous. (Even among the Alfa Spiders, you will see that the later series have the speedo and tach reversed from earlier Spiders!) In fact, you sort of develop an ability to adjust to different cars, and this even enhances your adaptability for rental cars (if there is in fact such an adaptability.) All kidding aside, I think placing that post-it note would accelerate your adjustment. I would really try that, before doing anything else.

Best regards,

C

·
0 Posts
Alfa guages can be deceptive even if you do know where they are. Perhaps driving your Alfa more often will help. I know where the guages are but somehow still disconnect from them once in a while. I have found a good rule of thumb, If you are passing quite a bit of traffic you might want to......buy something slower or try lighter footwear.
I myself have been known to forget where the Speedometer is and have been paying the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts