Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like one of the two screws that hold the TA down into its well on the SPICA is stripped.
My question is - do those holes go through into the SPICA's internals ? If they do, then fixing it by drilling out the hole and retapping with a bigger thread won't work since I'll be putting aluminum shavings and particles into the SPICA's guts. That can't be good. What's the fix in that case, since I fear these holes do go through ?

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I wouldn't get too sweated up about a chip or two in the logic section. I'll just sink to the bottom. If you drill it right, most will come up to the top of the drill bit. You don't need to drill through the entire casting. Just enough to get a nice bite on the threads.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
A useful trick is to put some grease on the bit. The chips will stick to the grease and not fall in.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info guys. Sounds like it may not be as bad as I thought and these are both good suggestions. I'll try not going too deep at first and use grease on the bit.

Cheers,

jeff

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Mine wasn't stripped all the way so I just added a thin washer. I'm sure it will go sometime and I'll have to deal with it but it works OK for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts