Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great picture Carlo, thank you. Followed the fortunes of the tipo 33 since reading race reports in Autosport and the like back in my schol days in the sixtys. Got to see (and hear) them at Brands Hatch in 68 and whilst they didn't fare that well in the race I was hooked. Have gathered information on them ever since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For your interest, Peter Collins and I are working on Volume 2 which will deal with the individual cars. This will include what we missed and I hope a lot more photos, including the elusive hillclimbs!

We, of course, welcome any information for this daunting task.

Ed McDonough

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
For your interest, Peter Collins and I are working on Volume 2 which will deal with the individual cars. This will include what we missed and I hope a lot more photos, including the elusive hillclimbs!

Ed McDonough
It may be a bit presumptious to ask, but have you worked/will you be working with Tony Adriaensens? I know he was planning a T33 book and has lots of information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stu:

Good to hear from you.

I expect we will actually go to see Tony. I know he was working on a book but got involved in several other projects, and I think was less interested in the post 1970 cars. He has great archive material and vast knowledge, and I get on well with him. I haven't asked him yet, but hope to have the chance to put a number of lists together for comparison..it will always be a hard task. I beleive you probably have a lot of T33 material too.

best wishes

Ed

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Stu:

Good to hear from you.

I expect we will actually go to see Tony. I know he was working on a book but got involved in several other projects, and I think was less interested in the post 1970 cars. He has great archive material and vast knowledge, and I get on well with him. I haven't asked him yet, but hope to have the chance to put a number of lists together for comparison..it will always be a hard task. I beleive you probably have a lot of T33 material too.

best wishes

Ed
No, in fact I don't have anything that isn't in your book, or that I gave to Tony. My interest is mainly in the older cars and "etceterini", and I never really had that much.

If I can be of any help, PM me, but in the case of the T33s, I don't think I can provide anything the either you or Tony don't already have.

Quite frankly, I am slightly miffed with Tony, as about 7-8 years ago, I gave him a rather large amount of Fiat 8V/Siata documents and articles when I met with him. I was given the impression that I would eventually get "something" for my help. I wasn't even as much as offered a reasonable discount on the 8V/Siata book. I have e-mailed Tony at least 20 times in the last 3 years or so, without so much as a response.

I try and contribute to the Italain car community with posts on BB like this, and with information provided directly to others, but it has become, to a large degree, a "one-way street". As such, I am nowhere near involved as I was 15-20 years ago.

I hope you and others understand my position.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Ed McDonough
Hi Ed,
Did you ever solve the mystery of the ex-CanAm 33 and how it got the closed body and ended up here in Australia in the mid 70s before returning to the US in the 90s?
See you at Phillip Island Historics in March!
Regards, Vince.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Ed McDonough
Ed,

I look forward very much to Volume 2. Good luck to you and Mr. Collins in bringing it to fruition. I've looked through what I have and apart from contempory english language magazines of the period, Autocourse, Motor Sport etc. I believe everything else is freely available from the web etc.

Again good luck.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1971 Watkins Glen Win for Alfa Romeo T33

Greetings:

Allow me to share some admittedly amateurish snapshots I took in July 1971. I was flagging at Watkins Glen, which offered me the opportunity to get close to the action. De Adamich and Peterson won overall. Unfortunately, my camera was fancy, but ancient (Zeiss ICONTA fold-out), and I could not afford to buy much film. First shot is in the Garage, with the Gulf-Porsche 917s in the foreground, T33s in the rear.

- Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
T33s at the Glen

In your second b/w photo, the guy in the white shirt wearing glasses, is Bob Little, former Alfa service rep and English/Italian speaking rep to Autodelta in those days. Bob spent a lot of time at Autodelta in those days and helped the team when they were in the USA. He's retired from Alfa and a paralegal career.
One of these days, he will share his unpublished photos.
KG

21 - 35 of 35 Posts