Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a Desirable, early 2.0ltr, Spica Pump #T255/1. I have three of these, these are the best performing pumps for 2.0ltr's. all in Excellent Condition, out of 30+ year Storage, Completely inspected, all plungers working and Internal Springs attached, One still has the lead-seal attached. I also have two complete Spica Systems, inc: Pump, Manifold and Pipes. Pumps $275 ea. (no TA's). Complete System $320. Plus shipping to lower 48 only. Bob [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Since I'm just now seriously learning about the Spica system, I'll ask what might be a stupid question. I read that part about working great on the 2 liter cars, so does that mean they're totally wrong for a 1750??

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The metering my be slightly different, (richer), if your 1750 is at all "built" and-or very healthy, this pump would be great. Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im about to purchase a 73 GTV 2000 that was converted years ago to Carbs and the original SPICA system discarded. Would like to go back to original. Would these units be appropriate? Is Air cleaner included. Is there a guide for installation? Thanks. Jay

·
Premium Member
21,127 Posts
A 69 1750 wouldn't have come with the electric fuel cutoff or this mixture adjustment. That year's pump is unique. But still, it'd work.
Andrew

·
Registered
228 Posts
@JJason-look for the Wes Ingram site and he has lots of documentation and several Spica manuals for sale. He is also the US expert for rebuilding pumps etc. You might give him a call at his shop and he can advise you on your costs and the shopping list

There are numerous case studies on this site on the level of effort this will take. While do able, its more complex than slapping on a set of replacement carbs from a catalog

Your used Webers (hopefully) will have value on this forum to sell and recoup your money.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi all,

I wonder if you can't find one in the US but if needed, I have a pump for sale, one Spica T255/1, coming from an old Alfa dealer stock . I was told that the pump was working when it was taken from a driving car from a client, for a change to Weber carburators. The pump was dry stored during years in his garage. I have no experience with injection pumps, for me the pump looks complete, nothing broken, the belt rim is turning freely. The little plunjers inside move perfectly up and down. More pictures always possible.
Weight is about 7 kilo's, shipping to the US would be 65,60 Euro. Only Paypal accepted.
If interested, Pm me with your offer.
Rgds from Belgium,

Thierry

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
If I can't find a good used pump with low miles or one that was rebuilt at some point. I will need to strongly consider a carb conversion.

The wait for Wes Ingram is 8 months and most of the pumps for sale offered can't be confirmed as good non leaking pumps.

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts
I would heed John's advise. Many are advertised as working pumps, but the only way for you to know if they are working is to install and run the car. Most of these units were removed because of failure. 20-30 years ago, it was cheaper to convert carburetors than to have the pump rebuilt. Now, the price of a set of carburetors, intake manifold, and air cleaner can surpass the cost of having one of these rebuilt by Wes.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
All Three of the pumps I sold, were good working pumps, with no complaints or returns. My Friend, here in town, also bought a Pump from the same place, in Seattle, (that recently had to relocate), and that pump also, performs perfectly. I think the key here, is that all these pumps we had gotten, in Seattle, had sat for many years, possibly never have had "Unleaded or Ethanol, run thru them. These days, without the added lubrication of lead, it is Vital, that a lubricant be added to the fuel, in order to keep these things alive. My experiences with Wes Ingram is, "any and all pumps need to be rebuilt", I dare say, you could take him a "perfect" pump, and he will tell you, "it needs to be rebuilt". Bob

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Hi all,
What can I say, what do I have to prove? I only tried to help.
This pump will stay in Europe.
I do not believe there was any malicious intent on warnings.. Buying and selling these is not any different than buying a used engine. So please don't take the yellow flags as putting a fire hose on your well intentions to represent your parts as not suspect. All of us who have these systems know how finicky they can be and there are many isssues that can occur in normal use.. I was given a 10 month lead time on a rebuild of mine and I'm not sure it even needs a rebuild. If Wes is reading this, it just makes sense for him to have some rebuilds on the shelf to swap out like cores for brake calipers. The group needs to press this need. It would improve his business in the end and provide a service we all want. I would Be happy getting back a Type pump I sent in as a core even if it was not the EXACT pump I sent in. Weigh in guys.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I believe you can have your injection pump rebuilt.
If you want to wait 8-10 months..That's what he quoted me. I would gladly trade in mine as a core for another if I received one in return off the shelf. It's done everyday in other core-trade businesses. I don't know the pipeline Wes has to deal with so it's only a "wish" item on my list.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
FYI. I have a 255/1 pump off my 74GTV. It was running great when removed for a modified Ingram pump and modified head. $300 + shipping if anyone is interested. Priced less for Uncle Rick as I would never be able to pay him back for all the help you’ve given me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts