Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Ya'll just let me know when you decide on something/anything and I'll buy one. I think I might even make my own like the current header with my car with the new bumpers when she's ready for spring (like AZZURRI GTV's above)

Ciao.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have the items and graphics been finalized yet so that we can order? :confused:

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Well Im happy to say that after the looong wait we now have AlfaBB.com tees available.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/tees.htm

The online shopping cart is only for domestic orders since there is no way to do a seperate shipping table for international orders. International orders need to be processed manually following the info on tee page.

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Buttons? no!

Farace said:
If not shirts, maybe we could at least get buttons made up? (They'd also be a little less, um, fragrant after several straight days in July . . . I'd almost be willing to bet that someone here has a button machine.
This reminds me of the old Groucho Marx joke when he interviewed a guest who had 10 children.... when asked why he had 10 children he said because he loved his wife, Groucho's retort was "I love my cigar too, but I know when to take it out". Please buy a second shirt or 3 even.

Buttons always wind up in that kitchen drawer with a bunch of other crap one doesn't know what to do with or get rid of.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
67GTV said:
I believe there's a copyright problem if the Alfa logo on the header here is used for printing. However, I should look into Sarah's idea. Me like! f :D
Who owns this BB and what is the copyright issue? seriously!?

·
Registered
594 Posts
If the proceeds from the sale of the tees go towards supporting the board and this site, then I agree that Alfa can't really care. If one decided to use the Alfa logo for personal gain then it may become an issue.

A site like this is only beneficial to Alfa and the community. It is a huge support and boost for them. I agree with "Hit an apex" I can't really see Alfa getting upset.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I had originally only suggested buttons in the context of having something, anything ready in time for last year's AROC national convention to help us identify each other. There was too much preparation required to get the shirts ready in time. As it was, several of us were in fact able to meet up, but I'm sure there were many BBers that were there that we didn't meet. Buttons would just have been an identification aid, and not meant as a substitute for the shirts.

alfaross69 said:
This reminds me of the old Groucho Marx joke when he interviewed a guest who had 10 children.... when asked why he had 10 children he said because he loved his wife, Groucho's retort was "I love my cigar too, but I know when to take it out". Please buy a second shirt or 3 even.

Buttons always wind up in that kitchen drawer with a bunch of other crap one doesn't know what to do with or get rid of.....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Volkswagen recently sued Rocky Mountain Motorsports for mentioning VW. My enthusiast website for my BMW got shut down by BMW (BMW2002.net). Even the best intentions can still be copyright infringement.

That said, I still doubt FIAT would really care enough to do much about it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
copyright

BKCowGod said:
Volkswagen recently sued Rocky Mountain Motorsports for mentioning VW. My enthusiast website for my BMW got shut down by BMW (BMW2002.net). Even the best intentions can still be copyright infringement.

That said, I still doubt FIAT would really care enough to do much about it.
I say bring an Alfa to the US and we might give a ....care.

mentioning volkswagen ..got to be more to that story..always takes a specific fact for the story to turn on!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Company lawyers can be really cranky and jump on the smallest person or thing. A restaurant called "De Nero's" was shut down in Vancouver for trading on a famous name. Though how you believe you have the sole rights to a name is unbelievable. Needless to say I don't pay to watch a De Nero movie in personal protest.

So there is no guarantee that Alfa would protest, but I think it's in the spirit that names and trademarks are used.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
BKCowGod said:
I know somthing very similar happened to a few of the PORSCHE sites. Why the corpo guys would go after their own suporters beats me. If it did come to that it would take me a day to change the logo, name and/or site URL. I'm not going to loose sleep over it but if they come knocking I'm not going to give them a fight.

·
Registered
226 Posts
GreyGTV6 said:
Company lawyers can be really cranky and jump on the smallest person or thing. A restaurant called "De Nero's" was shut down in Vancouver for trading on a famous name. Though how you believe you have the sole rights to a name is unbelievable. Needless to say I don't pay to watch a De Nero movie in personal protest.

So there is no guarantee that Alfa would protest, but I think it's in the spirit that names and trademarks are used.
In 1990, Disney in Florida went after a local preschool because they had painted Disney characters on the wall inside the playroom. Universal Studios immediately gave them permission to use their characters. It was the only time I saw anyone get the better of Disney,they were so viscious.This was a directed attack which has now finally caught up with the soon to be departing CEO? one of many. Totally unneccessary.

In the movie biz the first thing most departments do is a legal search and clearance for any name from scripts, personal names or for a business establishment. One has no idea how many hoops we jumped thru just to name a restaurant and jazz club such as "The Blue Note" a natural,right? But because there was one already in Japan we could not use it. So involved it was it took up to 4 years and hundreds of iterations to name dozens of establishments in the theme park.
Trump tried to get "Your'e Fired" copyrighted. But DeNiro does own a restaurant "Tribeca" in the tribeca area of NYC. I can see his point. Was the family name of the owner's "De Nero" which would be french derivation (to me) a family name or not? It makes a difference. The obvious play on words is one thing but the misappropriation of the generic is shameful.There are continuing lawsuits over the "Original Ray's Pizza" in NY,there are dozens of them.
This society is getting crazier by the year,more and more litigious and greedy.

Missing some good movies though.
Shakespeare had it right. Sorry to any of you Alfisti lawyers.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Recreational litigation..how quaint !

BKCowGod said:
Volkswagen recently sued Rocky Mountain Motorsports for mentioning VW. My enthusiast website for my BMW got shut down by BMW (BMW2002.net).
:eek:

You've got to remember...the Germans can be, how can I put this without being too insulting to our Tutonic bretheren, a little anal about these things...Thats why I drive pasta & not bratwurst !! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
In minimal defense of the German marques, I think it would be quite unwise to use any Italian fashion house logo and not expect a problem! Also would add that a little corporate greed may be involved, however I believe the big issue is having no input on how a product is represented. A weak excuse in many examples, I agree. Could be also someone practicing a little job protection / security in the corporate cubicle.......

61 - 80 of 112 Posts