Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got used spica pump for my 76 spider,seems like my t.a adjustig screw is frozen. pump #265. is there a way i can unfreeze it. i been spraying it for days with 10-40. took inspection plates off ,spring good ta rod no movement ty all

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you're meaing to say WD40, your results will be disapointing if your expectations are that it's going to disolve rust and what ever has a grip on things.

You should have something like PB Blaster, my personal favorite, Liquid Wrench or Kano Kroil in your arsenal of dismantling weapons.

I too was once a non-believer until a friend of mine (yea Michael, YOU :) ) convinced me otherwise.

Now I'm always picking up a can or rwo when I see it on sale. For me, PB Blaster is really everything it claims to be, short of amazing.

Ok...end of uncompensated testimonial.

:)

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I'm not a proponent of buying used Spica pumps in expectation that they actually work. Before you go to the trouble of un-seizing the TA screw, you should check the pump for signs of fuel leakage. If you're smelling stale gasoline in the logic section, don't invest any more time in unsticking the TA adjuster.

If you'd like a copy of the SPICA Benchcheck Guide I wrote (for assessing Spica pumps on the bench) drop me a PM with an email addresss capable of receiving a 4mb file.

That said, short of soaking it in PB blaster, then using brute force, I think you're stuck. If that screw is seized due to corrosion, the logic section is probably ruined anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts