Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Nice - I like the slightly taddy feel to it - it screems "use me' all over. making it really nice though probably cost quite a bit. Did these have Veglia instruments or shold those be Jaeger?

For the condition, I think $260k is on the steep side. For that money I would expect a car in much, much better condition but you never know ...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Exceedingling rare?

I noticed that this SZ has a 4 speed box whereas all production cars had 5 and I wondered if this SZ was one of the very rare Chiti/Dragoni gearbox modified cars. I seem to recall a number of racers used to be concerned - as we all are - about selecting the wrong gear. Ferrari and Abarth, and others no doubt - used the open gate trap which closed off reverse, whereas not possible with Alfa I seem to recall that the box itself was modified, and a quite significant weight advantage gained by removing fifth and reverse, of course I could be confused but perhaps it's hill climbing ability be investigated? Perhaps we could be enlightened?

Curious, pass the port...

Richard

·
Registered
561 Posts
Those gauges are from a Giulia, and the Webers are sourced from a Sprint GT, apparently.

Anybody know who's consigning this car to Fantasy Junction? There aren't that many SZs in the Bay Area to start with, I thought.
There are a number of things wrong or missing, but the guages and Webers are correct for this car. The gearbox note may have just been a typo. I am still curious who had it and decided to bail (and why). George

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Due to the current economy and housing market you are going to start to see cars come to market and test the waters. I agree for that price this SZ would have to be either perfectly original (patina included) or in much better condition then presented.
There are a number of things wrong or missing, but the guages and Webers are correct for this car. The gearbox note may have just been a typo. I am still curious who had it and decided to bail (and why). George

·
Registered
561 Posts
Due to the current economy and housing market you are going to start to see cars come to market and test the waters. I agree for that price this SZ would have to be either perfectly original (patina included) or in much better condition then presented.
Seems like a reasonable assessment. One thing that was bugging me looking at the photos was the bottom of the car. The area where the seats are looks kludgey. Could be that someone wanted the seats lower and replaced the area there with deeper wells for the seats. Also the area to the right in the passenger footwell looks kind of hacked up. Anyone else notice these. George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts