Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to buy crescent shaped synchronizer spring for later model Spider transmission (Alfa Part No. 60516448). NOS or used. If anyone has any transmission parts lying around, I would really appreciate getting my hands on one. No one is reproducing them anymore. Email reply to [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob

I thought they were all the same size but I maybe wrong. I will check and let you know the measurements.

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob

The spring is about 58mm long x 8.5mm wide and 2.54mm thick. Let me know if you have spares. I need at least one but will buy two if you have them to sell.

Thanks
Dave

·
Richard Jemison
8,314 Posts
Lengths

They are 3 different lengths.

The single friction band (aka spring) is longest in the one directional 1st gear syncro.
If converting the 1st gear to the 2-5th design you need 2 of the shorter springs and engagement locks as in the 2-5th syncros.

The bands and locks are a different length in the 116/119 transaxle syncros due to larger internal design than those in a 101-115 type transmission.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lengths

Thanks Richard

Is there only one spring in the 1st gear synchro? I opened it up and there was only one spring inside instead of two. I assumed there was supposed to be two, like all the others. I thought I was missing one. Attached is a photo of the single spring that was inside.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rob

I see that now that I look at the parts diagram. It only shows one spring on the first gear synchro. Good thing you steered me straight or I would have jammed a second spring in like an idiot. Thanks again. :whistling:

·
Richard Jemison
8,314 Posts
1st gear syncro

I see that now that I look at the parts diagram. It only shows one spring on the first gear synchro. Good thing you steered me straight or I would have jammed a second spring in like an idiot. Thanks again.
You do understand you should NOT put it back as it came out??

Change the internals to a 2nd-5th type design.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will probably do that if I can find the parts. So far, not much luck. IAP can't get them anymore and there are no used ones on ebay etc. If you know of a source, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I will probably do that if I can find the parts. So far, not much luck. IAP can't get them anymore and there are no used ones on ebay etc. If you know of a source, please let me know. Thanks.
Dave

As I mentioned before, I have the parts you need. I won't want much for them either. I emailed you directly last week at the address you provided in the thread - did you not get it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts