Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a heads up for anyone interested in sydney< some of the ausalfa guys are having a bit of a lazy drive on sunday:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-3...576,151.152901&spn=0.003372,0.008256&t=h&z=18

Not sure if I've done this right (Link) but as mentioned in this thread a few pages back there's a carpark on the beach side at Brighton Le sands just south of President Avenue that would be a little more convenient for members coming from all directions.

It's approx 1km further south than the meeting place on Muli's map.

And to confirm... 9am start to meet and 10am start of drive.

Proposed Route will be Grand Parade, Taren Point Rd, Kingsway miranda, princes hwy to start of F6 freeway then turn off to the coast along Lawrence Hargrave drive, onto the northern distrubutor in Wollongong until towradgi rd , back onto princes hwy fairy meadow till the Italian Fraternity Club... 11 Bourke Street Tel 42833333.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooL!

hopefully there are a few alfas for some photos at the start!

looking like at least 6-7 cars, possibly more

·
Registered
867 Posts
Going tomorrow to tune my car at Roberts and I will see you on Sunday if the weather is good, I still don't have my top on.
Rich

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha! awesome robert,

maybe we should bring some cones,

definitely come if you can Rich, although i will be jealous of your spider... (i miss mine :( )

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hiya elm11g

I was joking about the witches hats= cones.
Many PMs sent to me thought it was funny thou.
But I will shout you a cone.
A maccas CONE.

Robert

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hey Robert, cool to see the black beasty out having some fun amongst the cones. We had our club's motorkhana recently, it was an absolute hoot, especially the way one of our member's Alfetta GTV was smoking as he did some awesome handbreak turns to get around the hats.

BTW hope the Melbourne-Sydney rally went well. Look forward to seeing some snaps sometime. Oh and also do you still have either of the Berlinas or have they gone on to new homes. Dave

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hi Super1600 Dave.

Motorkhanas are fun.
rally was also lots of fun.
Story and pics can be found in Alfa BB section ,under Limited Production= My Z,whos paying for that,,,section.

Yes,still have the 2 Berlinas.
Got 1 of them running really well now and probably going to put it on club rego and take it to the annual NSW concourse.
Just in the display,,not the concourse section.
Never see any Berlinas around anymore,and I think they are great cars.

Will hopefully get to the start of the drive tomorrow to Wollongong.
Drove the Z to Liverpool last night for the Classic Rally Clubs First Friday Free fling,where we meet and have a feed and coffee and general chat.
Mark ,from the Ausalfa forum group turned up ,but then disappeared on me.
Then drove to Eastern Creek to watch the drifting
Nows its 5am,im at work,panel beater is here making noise.
As you can see,lots of things to do in Sydney,if you know about them,and can be bothered.
Any chance to drive the Z is a good chance.
Catch up with you soon Dave.

Robert

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hey Rob

Thanks for the heads up, will check out the trip report on the limited production area. Cool it would have been a fun trip and especially in a classic like the Z.

Oh excellent re the Berlinas. If only I had the spare $$$ I would be really interested. I have many fond memories of my old 2L which has long since gone to Alfa heaven. I actually only know of 4 down here on the road 3 2Ls and one 1750.

You sure have a busy life up there and *** at work at 5am. Too early for me !!! though I guess no interruptions means work can get done.

I am not sure if you know Kim Briggs or not (alfa 105 man for the past 20-30 years down here, like me) anyway we are heading up north tomorrow to catch up with Mark Baigent for our second planning meeting for the National Alfa tour (50th year celebrations for the 105). Organisation of this is coming along nicely. Now have our media consultants on board to help promote the event etc.

Absolutely would have to agree that anytime you can get out in the Z or even a standard 105 has to be worth while. It has been too long for me since I drove my GTV. Cheers Dave

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey again Dave.

Any good 105 is a great car to drive ,anywhere,anytime.
They dont have to be perfect,just drive well.
More stone chips the better.
Probably never worth restoring a Berlina,but it has certain nostalgia ,,that those who had them and drove them,would know.
5am= best time to start work.panel beater starts at 5am on a saturday here,and finishes at 10-11 am.That means we have an afternoon.
Dont know Kim Briggs,but heard of Mark Baigent and his Super.
Have a good time in Melbourne.
Maybe you can buy Marks Super.
Probably cheaper if you have a few red wines with him.

Robert

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys, quick Photo dump, havent processed them properly or anything yet_ just mega resize to fit in AUSALFA forum (SO big quality loss :( ), and there are some vids that ill try and get up asap>>

Beautiful day, sun came out to warm the coast line drive~

great to meet rich and his INCREDIBLE spider.... SUPER jealous

Some nice twisty roads and some lunch to top it off<!

get your pics up in here!

in no particular order:

sorry about close ups... lol... just testing camera>

Also, if anyone would like anything removed (due to number plates, inappropriate depiction of pristine condition of all the cars or general jizzing on supercharged engine, please let me know asap and i will remove! Also i can send over larger files if anyone would like>> kthnxbai)

would love to see some more early alfas at our next meet, i definitely still have a soft spot for 105's and will get back into one ASAP!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Elm11g,

Thank for the picture, that is the first picture i have of me driving the car!
What is up with the BB I can't upload more than 3 pictures?

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAha! niiice!

nice pics and video!!

(ive uploaded pics to a thirdparty host, makes it easy to add lots)

great day!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha!! sweet, that last one is cool (cuz its my car!! hehe)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts