Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Swaybars bigger?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Travis_k 
#1 ·
In order to further limit the roll of my 75 3.0 V6 America (which already is equipped with sports shock absorbers with adjustable calibration, Vogtland springs rear, rear with 2 cm spacer, Pirelli PZero Nero 205/45 ZR16 on the rims of 7 and 1 / 2 with ET 26) I was thinking of mounting these oversized anti-roll bars:

at front (probably the 28 mm one)

AlfaRomeo-PerformanceParts (powered by CubeCart)

and at rear

AlfaRomeo-PerformanceParts (powered by CubeCart)

letting alone the uniball system.

The anti-roll bars do not affect the ability to redeem the car (because I do not want to compromise as it is now is much improved compared to how it was originally, but remain "street" and quietly absorbing the holes) but I wonder: is not that then I holds only on dry asphalt, making it dangerous (seriously dangerous?) on the wet?

Have anyone ever mounted both them?
What are the results and impressions?
Thanks a lot in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
swaybar vs. wet grip

Hi
You are correct in your thinking that heavy duty sway bars will reduce wet cornering. That's why race cars have adjustable swaybar end links or even disconnect them in wet conditions. If you frequently drive in wet weather and expect optimum handling, I'd be wary of fitting really thick bars.
KG

#5 ·
I have both. If you have stock torsion bars (front springs) I wouldn't get larger than a 28mm bar for the front. The 30mm is just gigantic and I'd be concerned about putting too much stress on the front mounting point over time. Not to mention, the 30mm bar must weight like 35lbs or more...thing was massive.

If you buy a rear bar, buy the 24mm if they still offer it. The 26is a lot for a street car...

#7 ·
I can't say because I installed my sway bars after I installed larger torsion bars.

I don't think you will have trouble if you leave the rear bar on the softest setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.