Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody successfully swapped the clock and speedo?

Even with the massive stock steering wheel the top left corner of the speedo is cut off, the part that's most useful on the freeway. But I realized on my drive home that if the speedo was on the right side I would be able to see that part just fine.

I believe it's electronic, but I haven't checked.

Just daydreaming on a rainy day...

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
Just move them, and there attendant electrical connectors. Pretty simple. I moved them by mistake. It's basically eight screws, and you're there.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a cheap GPS unit (Garman Nuvi) and use that for my speedometer. Easier to see and more accurate.
I used the GPS on my phone when I was driving it home, plus I love Waze for traffic info. But I'm not sure I want a GPS permanantly mounted in the car. The speedo is close enough, it's just annoying that I can't see the important stuff unless I'm on the track. But not a bad solution!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I still want to install some period-looking gauges in the clock pod, since mine has never worked. Or maybe replace the guts with a 9v motor from the crafts store and have a battery box under the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
I still want to install some period-looking gauges in the clock pod, since mine has never worked. Or maybe replace the guts with a 9v motor from the crafts store and have a battery box under the dash.
Mine beats perfect time for a couple of days, and then craps out. I just adjust it and keep going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts