Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Alfa success at the Circuit of the Americas - COTA.

In Group Three, B Sedan, Roman Tucker, driving Dr Bernardo Martinez's Berlina, won the 3BS National Championship. Engaged in a tough three car duel, he applied the best of old age (relative in Roman's case) and treachery to defeat youth and exuberance, emerging as the victor.
Congratulations Roman!!
Oohrah
Wil

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
And if I am not mistaken, the 2L Alfa GTV's of Bill Abel, Tom Benjamin and Rob Mocas took 1st, 2nd and 4th respectively in Group 8 BS.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Congrats to Roman & Bill, Tom And Rob. Way to go in what I can imagine were very tough fields.

Anyone have any Video than can share?

That's a serious tow to that race as well.

Greg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulation to all the Alfas and drivers.

Sorry I had to miss this year, hope to be back in 2015.

As Will noted above the race for 3 BS was very very close. Below are the
Race Monitor stats for the three , 3BS cars. Note the Gap between Roman and Dave was .021 seconds. WOW very close.
By the way Dave was driving a Datsun510. Always nice to beat those Datsuns.

8 #25* Roman Tucker 3BS
Laps Total Time Best Lap Best Time Diff Gap Attica MI
8 25:12.520 8 02:59.744 1:36.914 1.189
Purple

9 #45 David Huber 3BS
Laps Total Time Best Lap Best Time Diff Gap Heath OH
8 25:12.541 6 03:01.149 1:36.935 0.021
Red/White/Blue

10 #071 Maor Primo 3BS
Laps Total Time Best Lap Best Time Diff Gap Dallas TX
8 25:16.507 5 03:03.230 1:40.901 3.966
Red

Vince

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
This thread is very nice to read and see... Congrats and thanks to all of you who make us so proud!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Race video

Great race,Wil. .Thrilling to watch from outside,even better from the ****pit! I really enjoyed visiting with you after the race.Neat car! I am going to use your video to prepare for next year.See you then!

·
Registered
54 Posts
2015 race schedule

I will be racing only in Texas. Texas World Speedway is scheduled for demolishment next summer. CVAR has their annual spring race in Feb. there. Not sure after that, still working for a living, and it takes a day just to get out of Texas.COTA is a home race for me.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Sure hope all you Alfa racers will turn out for the October race at NOLA Motorsports Park. October is a fine time down this way - usually dry and very pleasant. Besides, I want to be able to cheer for my favorite marque - don't get much chance to do that at
SCCA races. So, ya'll come down, ya heah?

Mike Hemsley

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike, I'm running SVRA events late February at Atlanta then Sebring the following weekend, I know it's not NOLA (are you still in Vicksburg?) but we'll have some other Alfas I'm sure at both events, and you wouldn't have to defer your gratification for ten months��
Look forward to seeing you again
Wil

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hi Wil:

I'm on the MS Coast now - Bay St. Louis. I've put up the SVRA calendar and keep looking at the Atlanta race. Only problem is that I'm way behind on work on the book - about all types of Art Deco vehicles - and need to get some work done on it before I head to FL profile several cars for Vintage Roadcar magazine before Amelia Island. Wish me luck that I can do it all.

Mike

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not far from my Gulfport Seabees��. Good luck with the book, and Happy New Year to you and all others in the Alfa community!

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
SVRA Sebring Race

Will, we are trying ti get the Alfas together in the paddock, for Sebring.
Greg , teve and I are requesting space. Do you wabt to be included? Is Rob comming down? Don`t know how to reach im or Bo Lemastus.

Atlanta is typically cold in Febuary and I`m not going North!
Rj

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am going in the TI, last time I met you guys there you had a burgundy berlina and the v6. Dunno if you remember.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts