Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need to order some parts for my 73 Spider but I am not sure I am translating correctly from what my mechanic said.

I would need to order the 2 bottom ball joints. And the mechanic said that the top ones should be changed too. I have searched the parts catalogue of Alfa-Service.de where I am buying my parts and they do not seem to have anything like that. Seems like that in order to change the top one I would need to change the whole top suspension arm frap. Could someone verify what needs to be ordered?

Also another part that would need to be ordered, is what I would directly translate from finnish to the right aid steering shell. If someone understands anything from this, could you let me know what would the correct term be for this?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tifosi!

Concerning the steering "shell", I am not sure I have understood exactly what the mechanic meant. It would be mainly the secondary steering aid from the right side. :confused:

·
Administrator
16,620 Posts
Greetings from the USA! I am 1/2 Finn but unfortunately I can only remember a few words my grandmother taught me. Like 'paha poika'... (bad boy) !

If you go to IAP's website and click on front suspension, there is a 'pop-up' that shows all the front suspension parts. Maybe that'd help you & your mechanic figure out what is needed.

Steering shell? My guess might be the idler unit (#5 in sketch below).

edited to add: looks like me & Mr Tifosi agree. Scarey...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are absolutely correct guys! Ghnl it would be Apusimpukka in finnish.

I will show the picture to my mechanic but I am convinced it is the Idler box.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lately I have been extremely busy with both my job and the car so I didn't have much time to drive it. Great thing was that it passed inspection last week, but being the safety guy that I am, I really need those suspension parts changed.
I will post some new ones when I have the time. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts