Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed in a number of messages that people refer to Wes Ingram's Spica manual, rebuilt TA's etc., then suggest buying his products through another vendor.

Wes is a one-man operation. You'll get the same or better prices by dealing with him directly. You'll help his margins, and help keep him in business for the benefit of all. You'll also get the opportunity to talk or correspond with one of the nicest, most knowledgable people in the Alfa community.

His website is http://www.wesingram.com/ . It's very complete, with prices and specifications for much of his work.

His phone number is 206-762-3931. Remember, it's just him, so it might take a day or two for him to return a phone call or e-mail.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
wes ingram spica pumps

wes is simply the best when it comes to building a spica pump. we have tried other spica re-builders in the past and none have been better that the ones from wes. he is a very nice guy and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Ditto. I haven't had to get my pump rebuilt, but if I do, Wes Ingram is the guy I want to do it. I've emailed him several tech questions about the SPICA system and he's always answered.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wes is very very well respected and thankfully located close to me (Seattle). He's hands down the best when it comes to Spica.

Even the somewhat grumpy Alfa Guru Ferdinando di Mateo gives him props.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I quite agree with all that's been said here. Wes is a truly talented technician, and one of the most genuinely nice people I know. He always encourages his clients to learn about their cars so they can do some work on their own if they want to, and has a deep appreciation for the marque and it's romance and history.
He's constantly sharing his knowledge with anyone around him who has enough interest to learn. By the way, he has another excellent tech working with him now, Herb Sanborn (NWARC's Corsa Committee Chairman) as well as a part-time helper, so it seems to be easier to reach him now. He's also a great driving instructor!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
wes ingram

does wes know about the alfa bb? it'd be nice to get him as a member and maybe answer some spica related questions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
As a matter of fact, I mentioned it to him the other day, but he doesn't do websurfing much...too busy. I've been told he spends the first half of every business day reading and responding to mail at his shop as it is. But he DOES know about you guys.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
bump up of an oldie:)

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Absolutely!

Wes and Herb have gone out of their way to support my autocross activities, and to make sure my '76 spider with HP SPICA FI pump is at maximum performance. They do great presentations at the AROC National conventions, but I wager the business generated doesn't come close to covering their expenses. In addition to specializing on SPICA Fuel injection, Ingram Enterprises also does race and high performance work. They deserve the support of the entire Alfa community.

Weber carburators are certainly nice, but I really like the "NO CARBS" sign Wes made for my car...

I've noticed in a number of messages that people refer to Wes Ingram's Spica manual, rebuilt TA's etc., then suggest buying his products through another vendor.

Wes is a one-man operation. You'll get the same or better prices by dealing with him directly. You'll help his margins, and help keep him in business for the benefit of all. You'll also get the opportunity to talk or correspond with one of the nicest, most knowledgable people in the Alfa community.

His website is Ingram Enterprises . It's very complete, with prices and specifications for much of his work.

His phone number is 206-762-3931. Remember, it's just him, so it might take a day or two for him to return a phone call or e-mail.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Absolutely!

Wes and Herb have gone out of their way to support my autocross activities, and to make sure my '76 spider with HP SPICA FI pump is at maximum performance. They do great presentations at the AROC National conventions, but I wager the business generated doesn't come close to covering their expenses. In addition to specializing on SPICA Fuel injection, Ingram Enterprises also does race and high performance work. They deserve the support of the entire Alfa community.

Weber carburators are certainly nice, but I really like the "NO CARBS" sign Wes made for my car...
Not only do they come, particpate and do the tech sessions, they also generously sponsor events!!!

One other reason why I'm doing SPICA in my racer.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Just FYI for the uninformed who might visit this refreshed thread. Wes has pretty much turned the SPICA rebuilding venture over to Herb and is concentrating on building engines and other such matters with all the time he created by "retiring". ;):D;):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wes rebuilt the top end of my Spider and has done engines for several others recently. Herb rebuilt my (pumped-up) pump and the whole car runs and sounds GREAT!!!!
And George - I like that NO CARBS license too. I'd try for a vanity plate for MIA if I didn't already have collector plates on it.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Just FYI for the uninformed who might visit this refreshed thread. Wes has pretty much turned the SPICA rebuilding venture over to Herb and is concentrating on building engines and other such matters with all the time he created by "retiring". ;):D;):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wes rebuilt the top end of my Spider and has done engines for several others recently. Herb rebuilt my (pumped-up) pump and the whole car runs and sounds GREAT!!!!
And George - I like that NO CARBS license too. I'd try for a vanity plate for MIA if I didn't already have collector plates on it.
:confused:I don't recall him polling the Alfa BB if that decision was acceptable to any of us:mad: of course it's possible :)rolleyes:but highly unlikely) that I missed his posting.:)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Fred -
1 - I don't think Wes has time to monitor the bb :eek:
2 - I don't think he cares what we think :p
3 - I don't think he thinks he needs our permission :cool:
4 - If you lived closer you (like me and many more) could be fully advantaged by his friendship, generosity, and knowledge.

So - Go West, Visit Wes.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Support Wes

Last Fri I took 2 3L heads, a 2L head and a Spica pump to Wes for rebuild. I know he sends the heads out, but He's such a great guy, I want to support him. He gets a discount on the head from the shop he uses, so I wouldn't save that much by going direct anyway. He shop is only 20 miles from me, very convenient. Every time I'm down there he has something else in the shop. Some of you guys have VERY nice cars!. Last year, he had a Pantera from Canada that was having problems with GO TEC that someone else had installed. The Go Tec factory asked Wes to sort it out...interesting!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
History...

Several years ago, I took my 87 Spider to his Cloverdale shop to install S2 headers w/welded-in cat. I was aware he really didn't like working on "newer" Spiders, but I had been impressed with everything I had seen him do.

In order to make room for my car we had to move a bench on which there was a "contraption" . I asked him, "What is this 'thing', Wes?"
His response was, "A fuel delivery system I am working on for Bobby Rahal's Indy car."
I d*mned near dropped my side of the workbench.

He's the best!! And I'm proud to call him my friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts