Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Door stopper missing

The door retainers are sitting in the doors, no probs. But the piece that is rivetted to the body is missing on all four doors on my Super. Seems that they haven't been mounted after it was painted.
Does anybody know where I can get new ones - I found an image from another website of what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Per, Beautifull car with nice adds! I think I have somewhere set of those door stopper mounting pieces, will check tomorrow if I can find them. Jorma

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got me there - I will need to have a look tomorrow morning. I am pretty sure that it's only the anchor plates, but just to make sure I will check.
They look great :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's just the plates - great.
So if you send me pm then we can arrange all the practicalities.
Thx in advance
Per

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the suspension lowered

The car has had adjustable suspension custom made by PPO.
It was sitting a little too high so I took her to get it lowered and tuned in today. Plan was to have her on the dyno at the same time to calibrate Webers, timing etc.
But when trying to adjust the front ssuspension, the outer tings on one of the adjustable 'bolts' had the thread ruined.
So what to do - well these guys are really pro's. They just went out back of shop, pulled down som nice aluminium rod and machined up new parts.
Fitted up the front, reassembled and lowered from lift, only to find that it needed another 25mm off.
Well 15 minutes later the front springs were out again, the aluminium pieces in the lethe again and within the hour the car was 25mm lower.
Back end was a bit more difficult.
Here they machined up new upper and lower 'cups' for the adjustable springs and again had the rear end pulled apart, refitted, pulled apart and refitted within a very short time.
And the shop also invited to join in on lunch and coffe breaks.
Great guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh, and last night the PO who built the engine,gearbox, suspension and rear-end came past on his way back from Holland on his way to close-to-Stockholm - he saw my ad. for my abandoned restoration project http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1963-1974/187274-danish-super-1300-72-restoration.html - funy how it turns out that he is missing a Giulia Super and now wants to build a new.
So now he is going to take over the restoration project and he probably has a set of 15*6" TZ look-a-like steel rims that I can use on my Giuia instaed of the 14" ATS rims.
And took a quick picture of his the car he was making the trip - sweet ride.
Lotus Espirit - my 156 2,0 TS in the background :D

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Quick illustration to explain

Herre's how the det up is designed.
Possible to adjust rear-end 2"/50mm and front can be fine tuned but is not adjustable - unless of course the front end is disassembled, the parts machined and then reassembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Went to the shop to get the car on a dyno - it put our 144 BHP at the wheels.
Had the suspension adjusted at the same time so that it had the right amount of toe-in - almost neutral - and even distribution of weight all around.
The small difference in heigh of left- and right rear wheel will be reduced when I am in the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
On the drive home from previous owner I had the GPS up to check out if speedo was indicating the right speed - not so!!
At 3.000 rpm it was going 90 km/h on the GPS but showing around 115 km/h on the speedo.

So what to do? It's running a 2,0 liter engine with a stock gearbox and rear end from a 1600 - hmmm.
Any suggestions or ideas?? Apparently the instruments may be from another year than the '72 my car is from.

Assuming the rev counter is fairly OK and it's running at 90 km/h is there any way of working out the rear dif ratio??

Any help and input is appreciated.
Per

My Sprint has the 4.56 diff with the 2 L and the speedo is out by about the same amount. There is a guy in Vancouver that can make a new gear cog to correct the error. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, an above thread mentions some weird behaviour on oil pressure. Did you get it sorted out?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Been laying low for a while

Per

My Sprint has the 4.56 diff with the 2 L and the speedo is out by about the same amount. There is a guy in Vancouver that can make a new gear cog to correct the error. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, an above thread mentions some weird behaviour on oil pressure. Did you get it sorted out?
Bob,

Thx for input - re. oil pressure and instruments. Well, I haven't looked in to it at all. I am assuming that it is a wrong conection on the electrics and not worried.
What I may do is get a new set of instrument - different threads here on the BB seem to indicate that the original dials are probably useless after 40 odd years of use - and I tend to agree.
So I have invested in a center console from a Nuova and will put 4 new instruments in - not original, but better peace of mind.
I am thinking:
Water temp
Oil temp
Oil pressure
Voltmeter
Unless of course my car is sold before that :D
Rgds
Per

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Will all depend on the correct reading on speedo

That is a lot of power! With the good aerodynamics, what top speed is possible?
And I am not game to try out top speed yet - will wait for next track day in august to see how the car performs ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Back from vacation

In Tuscany and went to the same wineyard that we always stay at - passed the car dealer that apparently continues to get more and more interesting classics in his lot - and then a visit to the Piaggio museum just outside of Pisa in Pontederra - worth a visit.

Had a bit of trouble with my Giulia not wanting to settle at idle - I was instantly worried that it was the distributor or something else - but tightening up the carb mounts solved it straight away - amazing what a bit of false ai does.
Wonder whether this has any influence on the BHP - only measured close to 150BHP at the last test on rolling dyno.:cool:

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts