Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! Does anybody have an assembly diagram detail for the Super S2 (68-70) chrome repeater surround? Is it the same lens as the later ones? Thanks, B

PS: These two style repeaters appear to be different. In the upper one, the lens is curved to fit the curved shape of the surround (Altissimo) wiht only 2 bolts, while the later is squared off (Carello) and mounts with four bolts. Were these on any particular years/versions or just whatever came from the vendor(s) and out of the bins? Was there any rubber gasket or boot on either?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
side markers.

I have foung an Altissimo side indicator lens that I thought was correct for a Super.
I have seen many Supers with the Carello thinner style lens and base also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Those Altissimo oval shaped side repeaters are extremely rare parts, also Carello has made oval models, see the attached picture.
I think those oval repeaters were originally items in model 1969, perhaps also in 1970 Supers.
Thin square shaped model is usual in later cars, I think they came originally without chrome surround.

edit: I haven't any gaskets with Altissimo ovals on my Super, reproduction thin square repeaters have rubber gaskets, but you can't use them with chrome surrounds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,186 Posts
The second, third, and fourth pictures above look to me like 1600 GTV lights. The curved body with straight lens was a GTV item, wasn't it? Supers had either curved body and curved lens, like picture one in first post, and pictures in second post, or straight body and straight lens, as on the 67 1300 TI I had.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Andrew, Yes, you are right, those with separate chrome surround are GTV items. Super repeaters with chrome surround were allways the curved ones and made from one piece (plastic) Jorma

·
Premium Member
22,186 Posts
I have a set of the GTV Altissimo ones on ebay now.
I looked for a good picture of my second-series 1300 TI repeaters, but they're incidental and small in the pictures I have.
Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what the 68-71'ish S2 parts manual(s) shows? For later S3 Supers, three different repeaters, three turn-signals, twoXtwo headlamps, and two license plate light vendors were offered (and all slightly different) depending on the month and day. I have an S3 PM but not earlier.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Parts Manual has really listed three different version of repeaters for Supers after SN 862 000
Curved one piece plastic units, Altissimo AR 105.26.65.015.00 and Carello AR 105.26.65.015.01

Thin styled Carello unit with separate chrome surround AR 105.02.65.015.00 carello 17.534.000 the same part is listed also for 101series Giulia Sprint and 105 series GTV and Gtj. I haven't ever seen this type repeaters originally in Super, but it should be correct as well.

Picture one; curved Altissimo, picture two; reproduction ”Carello” with separate chrome surround.

edit: Just found the fourth version Carello AR 106.00.65.015.00 listed for Super 1.3/1.6 (Unificata) 1300 Super and TI. I think this is the same unit as AR 105.02.65.015.00 but without chrome surround.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
One more, Olsa without chrome surround, but white lens. These are the first white lens units that I've seen.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts