Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Bosch relay 0 332 005 005 Is the hazard relay for my 67 Super. Located in engine compartment by brake booster on firewall.

Mine has a broken terminal but here is a photo of a NOS one that Centerline used to have in stock

regards Daron

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I have a new one and an used one, but they are Sipea metal not Bosch, with the male terminals, not the screw type.
Cheers, James

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. James could you post a picture of the terminals on the Sipea version?

I tried a later Bosch unit from a 70's GTV which looked identical but they are different. The later ones "shunt" the output to left and right side of a dual spade single terminal #87 so that has the effect of making your turn signal left and right run at the same time on 67 car. The early unit has #87 and #87a shunted independantly so it does not interfere with the turn signals independence.

Andrew will let you know if I need you to check the stash.

regards Daron

·
Premium Member
21,711 Posts
I have three. Two are identical to what's pictured except don't have that Bosch PN. Appears to be SH/SE 29A2 12V. Both I got as parts with my first Super, 1978. Same terminals, same orientation, though center terminal is 30/51. The other is 0 332 005 011, appears identical other than having male spade terminals insteaf of screws. Same terminal numbers.

Have not tested or used, been in a box forever.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Just because they have the same terminal codes does not mean they will work the same way. I tried the Sipea with the same terminals as the Bosch picured on my Alfa and only one side of the hazards worked. If RacerX has the original, it can be opened up to reveal the required set-up. Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to both of you.

Bosch part numbers can vary a bit. I think if it has the screw terminals its right. The spade terminal version definately is later and wont work on early car wiring without changes. My center terminal is 30/51 as well

I opened up and confirmed why later wont work with early wiring

Early on the left, late on the right. Only real difference is pin 87 is shunted independently as 87 and 87A on the early and its a single shunt on the late dual connected terminals.

Andrew can you part with one of the early screw terminal units?

regards Daron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts