Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a supercharger kit for sale for a 3l milano. I always wanted to buy one of Greg's kits from hiperformance store but now that I can actually afford it, he no longer makes the kit or has anything available to piece one together.

My milano has a 3l 164s conversion and is running sds engine management.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got a supercharger from a 1992 Pontiac bonneville and will be fitting it onto my milano. So far I have the mounting and brackets all figured out. The part I'm struggling to figure out is how to mount a pulley to the milano crank pulley to drive the supercharger belt. From the pictures I've seen online is just of a gtv6 crank pulley with the 3 holes on the front that make it super simple to mount another pulley onto it using the 3 threaded holes. So is there any photos of a supercharger pulley mounted to a Milano crank pulley out there? Or will I have to convert to a gtv6 pulley?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have a RHD 3.0l Potenziata sitting in the driveway, doing very little. I suspect it’s the same spec as a Verde.
I’ve been wondering how to ‘play’ when the time comes.
This sort of thing just might be just the trick....please start a thread when you get into it, so I can drool and dream some more.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Recommend buying Greg's book, or even Jim K's V6 tuning book (it has reasonable detail on supercharging as well). These will give ideas on GM supercharger mounting possibilities that are feasible for a home fabricator. Crank pulley - I supercharged the 2.5 in the GTV6 so had the three hole option. Easy to fabricate the adapter, so may be worth the pulley swap as long as you are planning to balance the crank for the change.

Hardest part is the engine management and it sounds like you already have a handle on that.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Does anyone have a supercharger kit for sale for a 3l milano. I always wanted to buy one of Greg's kits from hiperformance store but now that I can actually afford it, he no longer makes the kit or has anything available to piece one together.

My milano has a 3l 164s conversion and is running sds engine management.
He sold the rights to Toby Smith who now sells the kit.

[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! I will email toby Smith.
Thank you. I bought Greg's book years ago but cant find it now😡 maybe I will start another thread show all the mods I have done and progress of the car. I got a evo body kit from centerline and new 16 inch sparco terra wheels just installed. Car paint is peeling off but those 2 upgrades have made the car look so good.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
We have been toying with the idea of supercharing our Lemons Milano 2.5 so I will be following along. For now it's just a bench racing exercise, we still need to strip out the ABS system and a few other minor issues.

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
What a great looking car. Love those wheels.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
For the love of all that you deem holy, DON'T put your battery that close to your fuel tank!!!

You'd have to be a special brand of stupid to think that that arrangement is a good idea! :blink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
K well I guess everyone that rear mounts the battery in there Milano is stupid then lol. It is bolted down good and I have also installed a fuse on the power cable right at the battery. Also re-installed the plastic carpet that fits into the trunk that hides the tank.

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
Duk, that's pretty much where a GTV6 battery is located stock.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
K well I guess everyone that rear mounts the battery in there Milano is stupid then lol. It is bolted down good and I have also installed a fuse on the power cable right at the battery. Also re-installed the plastic carpet that fits into the trunk that hides the tank.
A moronic idea done by a a few, or a lot of people, does not somehow, magically, make it a good idea.

You might want to look at what happens to a car when it gets smashed into by another car.
Thin sheet metal, that stuff that cars are made from, very quickly reveals itself as f#@k all, when it gets smashed into by 1+tonne of other sheet metal moving above, about 25km/hr.
And steel conducts electricity, rather well....................
Just because the battery has a fuse in its wiring, doesn't mean squat when the battery is shoved into the fuel tank.

Dumb ***** is dumb *****, regardless of who and how many people do it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts