Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2011 SCS Schedule is out. Looks like Alfa Romeo did not make the list this year.
So what???
I think March 27 would be a good day for Alfisti to show up. Ferrari is the marque so why not bring the other marque, the one where Enzo learned his trade???
What is SCS?? A smaller version of Cars and Coffee Irvine. In the San Fernando Valley, North West of Los Angeles, "The Valley". Held every Sunday morning, but the last Sunday features 1 marque.

Super Car Sunday 2011 Schedule
  • March 27th, Ferrari- 1 Year Anniversary of SCS
  • April 24th, 2011 Lamborghini
  • May 29th, 500+ Horsepower MUST DISPLAY DYNO SHEET
  • June 26th, 2011 - Ford GT, Shelby, Cobras
  • July 31st, Pre-1975 Muscle Cars
  • Aug 28th, Porsche
  • Sept. 25, HOT RODS
  • Oct. 30, Corvette
  • Nov. 27th, Vintage (Pre-1950)
SUPERCAR SUNDAY - Driven World

·
Registered
774 Posts
A good idea, but NASCAR is at Fontana that Sunday...thats where I'll be....channeling my inner redneck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Neat idea- suggestion: Arrange to meet on Erwin and pull into the lot together. Otherwise it will be hit/miss on getting the Alfas in one place. Dustin (the organizer) will not let you save spaces for your buddies. Should be fun !

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat idea- suggestion: Arrange to meet on Erwin and pull into the lot together.
TRE/Dave:
You are confused and posted your thoughts on the Alfa bb not the Porsche bb:D
The word "together" was the give away.
Organizing Alfisti is like herding cats !!! Lucky to get us to show up on the correct day. . . .

Anyway, I will start another thread about the Mar 27 date. I hate threads that change subject.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am coming and will bring my 74 Spider. May even talk my spouse into driving the new Fiat 500 just for grins. We'll see. Hope we get a good Alfa turnout.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I better be there.
Meet before 7am along Erwin. We can then enter together so that we can park together. Park in row 13 (has a big sign) in front of Macys.
And for a bonus, if the weather holds:
AROCCC (that's the Santa Barbara Alfa chapter) is heading up toward Ojai to have wine tasting and picnic lunch at Old Creek Ranch Winery about 55 miles away. We plan to be there around noon. Bring your own picnic food. Email me for more info at:
[email protected].

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess we'll be up late tonight finishing my engine installation. If successful, you will see my silver '74 Spider at 7 a.m. If not, we'll be there on our Italian two-wheelers as usual.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good luck with the installation.
The wife and I had to do an "emergency" wine tour detour in Ojai today. Seems our chosen winery for tomorrow is blocked by a large stream, unsuitable for Alfas. So we had to find a park to have our picnic lunch.
Just got in from the garage after fixing an exhaust leak so we can return to Ojai tomorrow afternoon to meet with our AROCCC friends.
So with a dirty Alfetta I will see you a little before 7 on Erwin.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, the Spider lives! So you guys will most likely see it tomorrow, though probably not at 7 judging by the fact that I'm just now going to bed. Try to save a spot for me if you can get away with it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At 6:30 am it is raining in Chatsworth.
Enjoy your day. Sleep in.
Will see you folks another day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts