Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

We're taking advantage of light traffic on Super Bowl Sunday to head out west of Portland for a drive through the wine country.

All are welcome! We'll be driving our 1974 Berlina, and would love to have more Alfas join us on the drive.

Scott Fisher will also be there, and he's planned the route so it promises to be a good one for Alfas.

The drive is free and sponsored by Jewel or Jalopy, in conjunction with the two local Cars & Coffee's (Tigard, and Cascade).

For more details see the event page here, or on our Facebook event page.

Would love to see some of the local Alfisti again, and meet a few new ones.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks!
Ian Lomax

·
Registered
257 Posts
And it looks like it's going to be a lovely day for it! I'd love to get my '73 GTV out and participate. Alas, must skip it to go see my 96 year old uncle who's in the hospital recovering from the flu.

Enjoy the drive!

Bob Stewart
Salem, OR

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey gang,

We had a good Alfa presence on the tour yesterday, but it could always be better! Kieth and Alex Martin showed up in their gorgeous blue GTV, Doug Hartman brought his beautiful Green Guilia Super, and we brought our Berlina.

We had over 20 cars, a nice eclectic mix of everything from the Alfas, to Miatas, to a Mini to a Ferrari.

All the photos are posted on our blog here.

There are also some photos from Keith on his blog here.

Here are a few photos to whet the appetite:

Hope to catch more of you on the next drive!

Ian

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would be happy to join this group.
Also, added bonus, when I'm around, no tasting fees are ever charged.
Robert
master Sommelier Candidate

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice reminder, we need to plan the next one! Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can probably run it again! Last year was the first year we ran it, and most wanted to do it again.

Robert, tell us more about where you work!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ian, I own Pour Wine Bar and Bistro. Last year I offered up my place for some italian wine and food, a few people showed up.
Robert

·
Registered
869 Posts
Tour

Ian, lets get this on the books. I just sold my Spider today so God only knows what I'll be driving on this tour, but count me in again.
Rob, Lets make a bigger splash this time with your shop if you'd be willing to do it again!
thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will talk to Neil and Rob today and try to get this set up!

I show the Super Bowl as Feb 2. And if the Seahawks are in it I might actually watch it.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to look it up... which is why we run this in the first place!

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are trying to get a feel for whether we have enough interest to run the drive again this year. Life's been busy and we're running out of time.

Anybody here definite or maybe if we do a drive before the Super Bowl? We would likely finish with time to watch the game, just in case.

Ian

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Is this still on? If I can talk my wife out of Super Bowl we would be in. My 2600 is still posing in the studio, so I'd have to bring another Italian beauty with sexy wide hips.
RickP

·
Registered
8 Posts
What time does the game start? I would love to make a day of a drive and wine tasting...could care less about a football game...sorry chaps.
So yes to the drive anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts