Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
either would be a good guess..
looks like a neatly disguised 8C Spider... ;) "I" not "Y" on this one... heh

very cool, I thought for sure this wasn't going to become a reality, (despite what Alfa has hinted) maybe it's moving forward into production.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It's definitely no 8C Spider. There is no cut in roof to even suggest it is a retractable hard top. My guess is that it is the new Junior. That's the only thing in Alfa's pipeline that has even been suggested to have 8C cues (and here they are). Funny thing is that even with all that disguise it looks 10x's better than any of the artist renditions of the Junior that came out months ago.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The juniors have the body shell, suspension, engines = Fiat Gpunto

"modified Fiat Grande Punto platform with active suspension. The turbocharged engines will range from an entry-level 95 bhp unit, to a potent 230 bhp GTA model with 1.8 Turbo and all-wheel-drive. "

sounds little bit different than punto suspension or engine....

·
Registered
136 Posts
"modified Fiat Grande Punto platform with active suspension. The turbocharged engines will range from an entry-level 95 bhp unit, to a potent 230 bhp GTA model with 1.8 Turbo and all-wheel-drive. "

sounds little bit different than punto suspension or engine....
Fire 1.4 95 cv is the star-jet.Modified fiat Gpunto? The junior have the the treack front and rear more large , the wheel base is egual Gpunto.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's definitely no 8C Spider. There is no cut in roof to even suggest it is a retractable hard top. My guess is that it is the new Junior. That's the only thing in Alfa's pipeline that has even been suggested to have 8C cues (and here they are). Funny thing is that even with all that disguise it looks 10x's better than any of the artist renditions of the Junior that came out months ago.
You guys are joking right?

ITS THE 8C
From the low quality pics you can't tell much, but it appears to be an 8C, BUT, it could be a hard cap on a 8C Spider, or maybe they're testing a retractable?... :) If you look at the rear quarter shot, there's seems to be a small plateau they've covered with padding and tape. And from the side shot you can see the roof tape stops abruptly where a hard cap would end.. ;) So, No, after looking at what I have to see here (not much) it's not completely implausible..

Believe me, I'm the guy who has said to date, i feel only one Spider has been produced, and it's the same car and chassis you've seen in various poses, CAR magazine, Pebble, Etc...

But it's anyone's guess, the pics are very low quality, so it's just a fun game at this point, heh. Although, the driver would have to be of the Pygmy tribe if it's a Junior.. and the rear wheels appear to be 19's too... so that would be one ballin' Junior... :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
That thing in the spy photos looks way too much like a regular 8C to be a Junior. Why make the cheapest car in your range look so similar to your most expensive? I say it's a new type of 8C.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I say it's "just" a 8C.

Couple of guys I know saw it a few months ago at the 'Ring in full camouflage, so it's not uncommon to see them in "make-up", even though they are to be released soon.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That thing in the spy photos looks way too much like a regular 8C to be a Junior. Why make the cheapest car in your range look so similar to your most expensive? I say it's a new type of 8C.
thats the thing the junior DOES look like the 8c... and that makes sense as it builds the brand image... im thinking its the junior.... but it is hard to get a sense of scale from those pics...

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats the thing the junior DOES look like the 8c... and that makes sense as it builds the brand image... im thinking its the junior.... but it is hard to get a sense of scale from those pics...
Sorry but you are not being realistic, there is no chance that is the junior.

There is actually no other car it can be.

8c, not the spider just the regular 8c thats if you can call the 8c regular

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here is the a-s-s end of the junior for all you crazy cats that are following this torpedo all the way to the end. It's a new sketch. Follow the links to the full sized image. I would prefer seeing the front-end myself sometimes you take what you can get.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/alfa-romeo-junior-sketch-revealed-300970.php

Why are they calling this thing a Junior? Seems that Sud II would be a better name for it.

If more parts came from Asia they could even call it the ARNA II. Maybe that would bring up the value on my '85.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts