Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof and rear power windows have always worked on and off. You'll hit a bump and then the sunroof wont close randomly, or it works in the morning while cooler outside - stuff like that. Tonight I got finally got angry and kicked the fuse box hard while holding the sunroof button down, and I got life out of those devices - temporarily.

Clearly there is a connection issue in the fusebox, or connectors to the roof.

I pulled the fusebox out and pulled connector 'J', which is common to the rear windows and sunroof. connection seems fine there. The wire then disappears into the wiring abyss behind.

looking at the wiring diagrams, it seems connectors 'G134' - left front pillar connector and 'G112d' - connector d for roof wiring are also common between devices.

To close the windows, I usually put a jumper wire between the power of the front window switch to the sunroof power feed, and both the sunroof and rear windows work perfect, but its not a great fix.

anybody have any ideas where these 'to roof' connectors are? when I look above the fusebox, there is a whole bunch of connectors. Is this it or are there more even deeper?

getting stumped here...I dont want to take the dash top off AGAIN!

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey brendan, as you know my verde had the sunroof problem, my mechanic said it was the actual motors that get siezed and not the wires switches etc. ( i inox and cleaned the motors like 6 mnths ago and i havent looked back since.( i thought my mechanic was trying to get more money outta me but he was right) sometimes even knocking them with a hammer can help free them up.Hope that helps even a little bit theres nothing more frustrating than trying to get your roof to close when its pissing out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motors work great if i jumper power from the other switches, so i guess ill have to dig up there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found it!

After disconnecting the fuse box, and digging way up behind the tachometer, i found the offending clip G134, had one of the pins poping out, and was causing the intermittent failure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts