Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Glad you were able to get out, we've been soaked for nearly 3 weeks now (raining as I type this). We did have a couple hour break yesterday so I got one of the classics out, but you had a better drive based on topography of those roads. Open highways were nice I'm sure, and that is a very pretty drive.

Thanks for the update!

·
Administrator
12,540 Posts
Proof that you do not need modern wide tyres, springs and shocks, bigger brakes, more power, etc. to have fun in a 105.

Still don't understand owners modifying these cars, if a road car, ... just buy a modern car if you want that boring on rails driving experience, and cup holders.
Pete

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Just a little video of me and Renzo on a Sunday morning drive.

-tj in the Cruz Mtns (literally)

·
Premium Member
21,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I'm with Pete; I don't need all my cars to be the same. Some more power, some less, skinny tires, fat tires, whatever. I'm an originalist for the most part, I like how Alfa made them. I do sometimes make changes that I see as in the spirit of the original design. My Super has a 1750 and 14" wheels, for example. To each his own.
Andrew

·
Administrator
12,540 Posts
It is alarming though watching alfa_corsa's cool video on how short the seat looks!

Pete

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Do you mean the lack of neck/head support? It might be a bit exaggerated by the camera angle, I’m not a tall guy (5’10”) but you’re not wrong. Lack of a headrest is a scary thing and I know people that have replaced the OE seats with those from later cars.

My wife was driving Renzo when she (the car) was rear-ended at AlfaCalifornia2013, and she (the wife) did end up some soft tissue damage and pain in her back and neck. Would it have been less severe with a headrest? Hard to say, but it certainly couldn’t have hurt.

It is alarming though watching alfa_corsa's cool video on how short the seat looks!

Pete
-tj

121 - 127 of 127 Posts