Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So my Verde has an issue with the sunroof seal. Water can get inside the car, due to this failed seal.

I think the water is just sitting between the sunroof and headliner on the car. When I brake and go around corners, the water leaks through the window control cluster into the cabin.

Anyone ever have this issue or know how to address and fix?

I am clueless and want to resolve.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Your metal sunroof has drains fitted (probably---I haven't examined one like yours) to drain water away from the roof. Over time they can before fouled and case the sunroof to leak. Take a look at your parts book and see if they are, indeed, fitted. If so, the drains can be cleaned. A professional sunroof installer can handle this job if you don't want to do it. This isn't a very tidy job. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The seal is NOT watertight, as Jim says you probably have one or more of the drains clogged. The are four, one in each corner, they are attached to nipples on the sunroof surround. You can see one of the drain tubes in one of the pictures in my sunroof delete article on my website (Alfa Milano Registry - Sunroof Delete), note that the sunroof surround is removed in that picture!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Drains (on my car at least) are in the front corners of the inside of the frame. they disappear off down inside the screen pillars and exit into the front fender area.

I don't think the actual seals is designed to be too efficient anyway so I'd unblock the drains first to let the water back out. Should sort the problem out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts