Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I have the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum tires on my 164 and on my 240 (with Virgo Turbo wheels). I also put them on wife's '05 Honda Accord (which she doesn't have any more). They have been awesome on all these vehicles with just the right amount of stick, run smooth and quiet, are good in the rain, and were even decent in the snow and ice (crazy to think of all the snow we got this year in the South), and are not expensive. They also look very nice on the car and work well with the 164's highway performance and front wheel drive in the rain. I have had some tires cause too much wheel spin in the rain, just trying to leave a stop sign/light for lack of traction. I have bought sticker Ecstas, but they did not last long enough for me. The LX Platinums give up some grip compared to the other Kumhos Ecstas (I don't remember the exact model) I have bought, but make up for it in wear. I get all my tires from the Tire Rack and will keep buying them as long as they keep the model. I do stay away from the Chinese made Kumhos, but I don't have a problem buying the Korean made models (call me old fashioned, but I buy enough Chinese junk already).
Charles

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.