Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to LR on August 3,4? I haven't heard talk of it but for on the AONE site. Is it open to the general public? Or do I have to belong to a club? I am pretty stoked about going, and was wondering if any AONE people were running at this event.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is anyone going to LR on August 3,4? I haven't heard talk of it but for on the AONE site. Is it open to the general public? Or do I have to belong to a club? I am pretty stoked about going, and was wondering if any AONE people were running at this event.
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm not sure that it's a public event, but I don't think they'd turn you away, either.

I'm not a VSCCA member, so I contacted the event organizer who told me to come on out. I want to become a member, though, which requires 2 members to nominate/sponsor/whatever you, so I told him I'd be willing to help out at the event.

It's a good way to meet other members, I figure, but I don't really know how much work and how much spectating I'll end up doing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm not sure that it's a public event, but I don't think they'd turn you away, either.

I'm not a VSCCA member, so I contacted the event organizer who told me to come on out. I want to become a member, though, which requires 2 members to nominate/sponsor/whatever you, so I told him I'd be willing to help out at the event.

It's a good way to meet other members, I figure, but I don't really know how much work and how much spectating I'll end up doing.
I am looking to attend as a spectator, as I would bring my 4 year old who is into racing! I'd appreciate feedback about whether this is a spectator-friendly event. I hope to get out and maybe meet some bb'ers and other good folks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Vscca @ Lrp

Guys-
Although I'm not sure this is "technically" a public event, you won't have any problem attending as a spectator. Worst case scenario just tell the folks at the gate your there to see a friend race. You will probably want to enter at the infield entrance.
This is usually a really fun event to watch. Really low key and no big crowds like Memorial Day. I've attended a couple of VSCCA races when they split the track with the Jaguar club and I have run with them.
Lots of nice cars and should be a great time.

-JT

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was sternly told by the gal answering the phones at LRP that it is not a public event, before I could get two words out. I'd hate to drive all of the way up there and not get in, but I think they probably wouldn't turn people away. I'm at little surprised that they are so hardcore about spectators, at least on the surface. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was sternly told by the gal answering the phones at LRP that it is not a public event, before I could get two words out. I'd hate to drive all of the way up there and not get in, but I think they probably wouldn't turn people away. I'm at little surprised that they are so hardcore about spectators, at least on the surface. ;)
You could do as I did and contact the eventmaster (find this info on the VSCCA site) to make sure you can get in.

For the various club-sponsored events I've been involved with, the venues where they happened had nothing to do with them beyond collecting a fee, so I'm not surprised that a call to LRP didn't help (though the rudeness was uncalled for).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Lrp

You could do as I did and contact the eventmaster (find this info on the VSCCA site) to make sure you can get in.

For the various club-sponsored events I've been involved with, the venues where they happened had nothing to do with them beyond collecting a fee, so I'm not surprised that a call to LRP didn't help (though the rudeness was uncalled for).
Rudeness aside, they don't have the same level of insurance and support for "non-public" events, so they can't tell the general public to show up......
If you aren't comfortable going, check out Tutto Italiano on Sunday at MOT in Brookline, MA. Lots of nice cars, very casual and fun for family.

-JT

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I went to Lime Rock today, and there was no problem entering as a spectator.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I went to Lime Rock today, and there was no problem entering as a spectator.
Bob - I called ahead, told them you'd be coming & that you were a buddy of mine:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just wanted to say that the event at LRP put on by the VSCCA was great. Nice folks, great cars, beautiful weather. There was some great competitive driving, with cars anyone would envy (prewar gp alfa dicing it up with cars 30 years younger!). Not bad for a saturday afternoon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts