Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

To whomever it concerns (I hope that you are reading this!).... There seems to be no place on existing forums for posts dedicated to 50's & 60' light trucks & vans such as the Romeo & F12 series. Posts have appeared before in various other forums, but none were in a particularly logical place. The ammount of posts seems to indicate that there is an interest in them out there (out here?).

And while at it, how about another one for Alfa Romeo trucks & buses? Exactly the same comments apples to these.

Best wishes,

Tony
England

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Great suggestion indeed. One forum may be enough though:
"Trucks, Buses, Vans & other commercial vehicles"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Romeos & F12s etc

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your quick & positive response, clearly not committee driven! And apologies for formal intro of the original mail.

I myself would much prefer to see 2 separate forums, on the basis that the 2 are likely to be put to different uses.

The forum for Romeos & F12s is likely to be predominately practical, used for live technical exchange, parts info & some personal contact. To be used by those that actually own, as well as being of interest to Alfisti in general.

The forum dedicated to buses, trucks etc. is likely to be for general historical interest - how many BB members actually drive their Mille or trolleybus to work! I can also foresee this being naturally expanded to include Alfa Romeo rail locos, marine engines etc etc, which currently do not have a home on the BB - yet which have attracted lively contributions & discussions in the past. So can I suggest an alternative title along the lines of "trucks, buses, marine & industrial". That implies heavyweights & also catches road rollers & tractors.

In addition, 2 separate forums could make it much easier to scroll through threads in that the basic heading will already be there in the forum title. I do find that scrolling for a topic can be most frustrating on many discussion groups due to inconsistent message titles.

Must stop now & check the oil level on the Mille before I take my kids to school (if only!).

I hope that you can consider this suggestion,

Regards,

Tony Stevens
England

Romeo 2 ambulance, van & AR Inc service van by Colli
Romeo 2 car transporter by ??
Giuliettas

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
BTW: Welcome to AlfaBB, Tony!
It's always great to see when experts join.
(For those who don't know Tony, see www.alfastop.co.uk).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon,

I suggest the following titles for consideration:

1. Alfa trucks, buses, marine & industrial

2. Romeo, F12 & A12
(750, 101, 105 series & diesel engines)

I hope that this is of help, the engine description for the second title is to differentiate from the larger Renault models which were built under licence during the 70s & 80s.

And thanks for your welcome Ruedi. actually this is second membership, I started one a few months ago but the user & password got somewhat muddled, so I decided to make a fresh start.

Who will post the first postings?

Best wishes,

Tony Stevens
England

Sorry for my ignorance but can you help me title each of the two forums.

#1 Alfa trucks, buses, marine & industrial

#2 ??????????????

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Just bumping this thread so it doesn't get forgotten.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New forums

Ruedi,
I am not that familiar with some of the finer points of BB etiquette, but I will bump it along too! I imagine that there is a bit of work to do in setting the two new threads...?
BW
Tony
England

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for setting up the new forums

Hello Simon,

Many thanks for setting up the 2 new forums, I look forward to enjoying them, I just kick-started each of them with an initial post.

Tony Stevens
England

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suggested revised title for Alfa trucks, buses, marine & industrial forum

Hello Simon,

This new forum might have seemed unusual just a few months ago but it has already brought out some really interesting posts & photos, including a fascinating & unexpected thread on pre-WW2 Alfa Romeo aircraft engines.

In view of this development, & the untapped rail side of Alfa's heritage, could I suggest that the title is revised to be:

Alfa trucks, buses, marine, aviation, rail & industrial.

This should cover everything non-car, including cookers!

Regards,

Tony Stevens
England

1 - 14 of 14 Posts