Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm keen to do some hill climbs with my '82 Sud. Any clever suspension geometry I can try. The car is still standard. I'll get around to some changes later. Any other tips?

·
Registered
66 Posts
If your car is standard then leave the front geometry as standard - there's heaps of negative camber (should be around 1° to 1.5°) from the factory. The first step I would take is to stiffen the rear - a small improvement in this area can be made just by replacing the Watts linkage bushes with polyurethane, bearing in mind comments on this board regarding cracking, etc due to increased stiffness. I prefer to get around this by fitting poly bushes to the rearward (shorter) arms only, and moving the solid rubber bushes from the rear arms to the forward arms (where factory standard was waisted (softer) rubber bushes). This maintains (approximately) the relative difference in bush compliance as set by Alfa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably take the suspension apart in the new year. I'll have a good look at all the bushings. After 25 years they are probably shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts