Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!

This may seem like a strange question, but does anyone know if a Sud seat will fit into a series 2 33? Is the seat rail spacing compatible?

Wanting to repair the seat frame of my current 33 seat and wash the upholstery but need to drive the car. I have a spare Sud drivers seat that could go in. I couldnt find any details in service manuals about mounting hole spacing etc.

I know that 16V and earlier series 1 and 2 seat mountings are apparently different...

Cheers!

·
Registered
536 Posts
It can be fit.If you check , you will notice that on the floor there are 2 sets of holes for both narrow (Sud) or wide (33) rails. You will not have any problem.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be fit.If you check , you will notice that on the floor there are 2 sets of holes for both narrow (Sud) or wide (33) rails. You will not have any problem.
I thought it was the Sud that had two sets of bolt holes and not the 33? So if the tracks for a Sud are narrower, wouldnt this mean that a Sud seat wont fit a 33, but a 33 seat will fit a Sud?? Hrmm:confused:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think that 33 has also 2 sets of holes. My Sprint has and it is 33 floor not a sud one. Have to check again though....

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the record, 33 16V seats fit the earlier series 1 and 2 cars, Sud seats do not fit due to narrower track mountings.

All 33 models have twin mounting holes, except the rear front seat mounts are not drilled out to allow a bolt to go through and the front mounts are drilled, but do not have a captive nut underneath. Original mounts use the innermost holes.

I cant help but feel that the 16V seats were a bit of an after thought after driving on them for a few days, they sit far too low (can be spaced up), and feel about 2/3 the size they should be (especially the back rest) and the headrest is way too hard (head injuries anyone??)..

Stock seats; Nil, Recaros 1!!:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
i fitted some recaros into a t reg sud ti i had a while back and i had to make some brackets up as the serie two sud just had one set of holes and the seats were more narrow than the 33 ones but my brothers sud ti greencloverleaf floor had two sets of holes .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts