Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Been gone for a while as my 88 had me perplexed after a bunch of work to it over the last couple years. See my other posts for details.
Anyway, after multiple tries to get it running right I thought a fresh set of eyes were needed. Said to my son that I thought it was something simple and we couldn't see the "forest for the trees."
We have a young mechanic that took over the local Chevy dealership after GM abandoned our little town. He has worked on my wife's Trailblazer and is v-e-r-y reasonable and does good work so I asked if he would take a look at it. He agreed and I left the service manuals on the seat in case he needed some specs.
At first, the reports didn't sound good as we had a knock in the engine and no power - rough running. He called back a couple days later with good news... I had a couple wires reversed (checked them a couple times but screwed up I guess) and one was bad. Basically, running on 3 cylinders.
I ordered a set of the magnetron wires from IAP and dropped them off.
Well, put 100 miles on it and it runs like a champ! :D Has an exhaust leak I need to get the muffler shop to fab a connector pipe from the header to the muffler as I rigged up a temp flex until I got it running and back on the road. I'm one happy camper again, been quite a while since I had my Italian Mistress. Took her for a ride (no pun intended) yesterday thru western mass countryside with the top down - ahhh nice!
So I really wanted to thank all you guys for your support, advice, parts, and offers of assistance thru the long rehab. Your help was invaluable and greatly appreciated.
Ciao

·
Registered
897 Posts
dalv -

Congrats - nice to hear that the solution was so simple. I understand your frustration and now your joy. Have fun driving it!

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,662 Posts
Yes it was... pun intended...:D:D
congrats, back on the road again, all is right with the world:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"all is right with the world" so true ;-)
now to build the screen deflector, upgrade speakers, tighten up the exhaust... ahh, a slippery slope!

With the changing season, crisp air - looking forward to miles of smiles :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts