Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,370 Posts
I have an '02 wagon and I think they are an incredible amount of car for the money. It's been reliable, fast and comfortable. It hauls everything from Alfa transaxles to doggies easily. I enjoy driving it, and it is pretty much unstoppable in the snow on good snow tires.

But, It's certainly not an Alfa...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I own a subaru, it is my daily drive. These are great cars, nothing super specail like alfas but just good day in and day out cars. I have looked at the wrx and really like them the only thing keeping me from getting one is my old '93 is too good to get ride of and I don't need two of them. For the 20 grand or so one will set you back I don't think they can be beat.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Go for it!! You can probably get one pretty cheap right now because of the STi that just came out. Wanted to get a STi too, but the $6000 markup simply put me off. $6000 on a $32k car sounds too much for me. Still, saw at least three new STi driving around today (on a single day)

20 something grand, 4 door, 280 hp (with simple mods), AWD, can't beat that. :D

As far as I remember, there is a lot of Suby fans on AlfaBB. :D

It would be a tought choice if we get 156GTA here though. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive owned my 2002 wrx for over 2 years now, besides the down time with getting 2 new clutches done under warranty, its been good to me.

Go Buy it will yah?:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glad to know thier loved. i know that a subaru isnt an alfa, but than again, my alfa isnt what i would call functional, it needs a lot of work that i dont know how to do, but as soon as it works, i can only hope i appreciate them as much as you guys do... but for now all i can do is call it names because whatever i do results in something else not working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Subaru are great cars, especially in colder climate. I love these Alfas, but my other car is a 96' Saab 9000 CSE. The Saab 9000 CSE is so quick and smooth ride for every day use. I love the front-wheel drive for the snow.

78' Alfa Romeo Spider
96' Saab 9000 CSE
Q-Man

saxapeeel said:
i was thinking about buying an '04. What do you guys think of these?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here is another vote for Scoobies. We are on our 2nd - An Impreza TS that replaced an Outback Sport.

FWIW - I personally find that for daily driving the 2.5 N/A engine is actually a nicer car than the WRX - they have a lot of torque down low and you do not need to work as hard in keeping them in the powerband. The WRX's are much faster - but the suspension and steering changes are surprisingly minimal, IMHO.

We got an amazing deal on the 2002 TS at the time - for $16K out of the door you get a lot of car. I have however seen some great deals for 2003 WRX's - around $20K out of the door in Portland, OR.

FWIW - The 2.5 Scoobie engine has a quircky "character" that reminds me somewhat of the 2.0L (Alfa, of course) Spider engine I once had - with a lot of torque. The Alfa made better music and loved to rev more of course, but still ...

Now, if I could already find a nice Giulia to join my Alfa-less garage - it would be nice.

Ron.
--
'93 Miata
'02 Impreza TS
'00 Birkin S3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts