Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
This style is used on heavy duty diesel applications, such as trucks, stationary engines, on turbo inlets, outlets, and coolant hoses. They don't cut into the hose as easily as some cheaper styles. I have no knowledge of those particular clamps, however. May be overkill for light duty applications.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look very similar to the "Italian" clamps that sell for about 3x as much money. I'm going to buy some to replace a few generic hose clamps on my Quad.
Thanks
Phil C

·
Registered
25 Posts
A pair of those worked great on the intake manifold to cylinder head joints on my panhead chopper. They are a way nice step up from generic hose clamps.

HDCarl

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That link should be:

http://www.mtcarmelspares.com/ClampsRomablok.html

And this as as good as any spot to rave once more about the IntraWeb in general and AlfaBB.com. It's amazing how this place solves problems for you with little effort. I'm missing one (and only one) of these Romablock clamps on my intake. I've been wondering where to get one, been meaning to post a thread, and suddenly - voila! There it is right in front of me!

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I never thought I would see new clamps again. These are awesome. I emailed to find out if the hose clamp that goes on the intake manifold with the ignition wire holder is available. This is a need for everyone!
1965 Veloce
1967 Super
1971 GTV
1995 Q

·
Out of the office!
11,169 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use those all the time at work with H2/Turbo set up's. They work very well and are high quality. The only reservation I would have in using them on an Alfa, is that they can appear rather bulky. I realize this is just an esthetics thing IMHO.

Mcmaster carr has those available too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those clamps listed on e-bay are what many refer to as "turbo clamps." My uncle and I run a 944 turbo in club racing events, and the stock hoses/clamps between the turbo, intercooler, and intake are simply inadequate for racing. Those beefy hoseclamps coupled with silicone hoses work wonders. That being said, using them on my 1986 spider would be overkill. Furthermore, they are wider than standard clamps and do not fit on everything.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. I think Romablok's are the answer.
Phil C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts