Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anybody know if dimensioned drawings exist that can be used for structural repairs to an S3.
My cars front end was hit sometime in its history and the front bumper doesn't sit as nice as I'd like it to (shifted about 1/4" to one side, and a larger gap between the front bumper and body.

I made it better with some shims/spacers years ago, and am in the process of trying to make it even better via the same process. Eyeballing them and trial and error is proving to be a pain in the arse. Its not so bad that I'm willing to take to a shop, and also not willing to spend the money.

The two bumper shock mounts and area members are slightly pushed in and deformed, so I need dimensions of their proper placement.

Any drawings or help would be appreciated. Even if somebody currently has their car sitting with the front bumper off and can take some dimensions for me. If this is an option, I can detail what dimensions I'd like.

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine's kind of the same way but you barely notice it. One of my mounts is slightly bent but seems to hold the bumper Ok. Did yours have any of the factory "E" shaped shims behind them?

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mine's kind of the same way but you barely notice it. One of my mounts is slightly bent but seems to hold the bumper Ok. Did yours have any of the factory "E" shaped shims behind them?

There weren't any E shaped spacers. If you happen to have a pic of one, I wouldn't mine seeing, and even knowing the thickness if you know it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
What you are talking about is a looks only thing so no drawings required. Just cut, bend, reweld, etc. until it looks right.

Even if you manage to locate factory drawings and made things exact, it still might not look right, to your eye.

Been there and wasted my time making compex jigs, for headlight area, with my 1750 GTV restoration. Only got things right when I stopped measuring and via trial fitting made things look right.

Suspension location points, on the other hand, are all about correct measurements.

Best
Pete

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't find any pictures. Maybe someone used what was available on my car after an incident

1 - 8 of 8 Posts