Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi experts, I found I have a leak in the fuel hose linking the fuel manifold to the cold start valve. removing the hose at the valve end looks straight forward: just a hose clamp. But the end at the fuel manifold looks different, using a bushing cap. Before I just dive into it, does anyone have with experience on that? iAP manual says it is just threaded into the manifold. Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,004 Posts
The hoses between the fuel rail & the injectors is a somewhat uncommon size. 1/4" is too small & 5/16" is too large. 7.5mm is juuust right. But you may not find that size locally. I bought a few feet from IAP. Some have reported they got some from a VW dealer.

The fuel rail end doesn't have a clamp per se. The hose is a snug fit over barbs on the fuel rail. The cup shaped 'bushing' (#3) makes sure the end of the hose stays snug.

To remove the hoses the shop manual advises that you melt off the hose. What they call a 'welder' is what we'd call a soldering gun. (yes, it is safe to use a hot soldering iron to melt through the fuel hoses - just avoid open flames & sparks!). The reasoning is to avoid nicking the hose barbs with a knife - that could lead to leaks.

BTW, be sure to slip the cup shaped bushing onto the fuel rail before putting the new hose on. Otherwise you'll have to melt off the new hose to put the washer on. DAMHIK

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Eric. It sounds manageable. If I suceed at this, I'll likely proceed with changing out all the injector tubes. And based on the article you linked to your reply, I should probably change out all the vacuum lines as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts