Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Fuel odors has to be one of the more popular subjects for threads on the BB. If you look through older threads, you'll find people that have had varying degrees of success by:

--Replacing the plastic vapor line running from the vapor recovery tank to the engine, or at least checking for blockages and breakages (one likely spot for either is where it goes over the tail pipe; mine melted there, as it drooped from its supports)

--Replacing all rubber fuel lines, both under the trunk and in the engine compartment

--Making sure their trunk is well sealed from outside air, and making sure there is no air leaking from the trunk into the passenger compartment

--Making sure the engine compartment isn't leaking fumes into the passenger compartment

--Tightening hose clamps

--Checking for other leakages in the engine compartment, such as from the filter canister or the Spica pump or Spica hard lines (if Spica equipped)

--Correcting a too-rich mixture

--Making sure a previous owner hadn't mis-routed one or more of the vapor canister hoses

--Making sure the one-way check valve on the vapor system is still working only one way

--Making sure the thin hard line that runs from the plastic vapor line into the inside of the vapor tank, and the thin hard line that runs from the plastic vapor line into the cam cover, are both clear of blockages

--Making sure the fuel level sending unit gasket is intact

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some. And sometimes, even checking all this stuff, the vapors persist. Hopefully not quite as bad.

Reactions: Norseman50

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Joe Papa Sr said:
Clinton. My brother currently lives in new london. Small state . nice state.
Joe
New London is a cool town; I'm involved with an arts group there and spend a lot of time there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.