Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are people going about it? I'm thinking about welding in squares on the under side, made from 3mm plate.
Pictures anyone?

Here's a picture of mine... I know how it happened and no I won't be raising the car :| ... Going to beef up the mount and go from there [1" shorter shock, maybe cheaper AVO coil overs to assist the TBars. Need to do some measuring].

Attachments

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
The 75 (Milano) uses the shock as a Bump Stop. Unlike the GTV6 which has a separate bump stop. That's why the 75 dampers (shocks) have a different part number.

This looks like the car bottomed really really hard and distorted the mount. First thing is make sure you have the correct dampers in there.

In a lot of years of racing the 2 transaxle Alfas I have never seen a mount damaged like that.

Greg

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have the car really lowered. Have had it this low for 6 years? Easily 70,000kms. Hence why I say I won't be raising the car...

Shorter shock in compressed length by 1" will help some [starts getting close to using the sump as bump stop though]. Stiffen the front will help too. But I was wondering what the coil over guys are doing to beef it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts