Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gtv6 which i run all the time and i also have 75 2.5 auto which i use occasionally it is low milage and starts fine and runs brilliantly.however this morning i went to start the car and it would start and die almost immediatley.I tried this a few times and it would just keep doin this untill it eventually back fired and blew the plenium off the intakes.

why do you think this happened?

the car ran fine a 2 week ago as i had a new exhaust put on (back box) and it ran spot on. it has been rainig a lot over the last week and im wondering if the ecu has got damp.

where is the ecu located?

I have checked to see if the fuel pump is working and have found it doesnt although i know this is a new unit

where is the fuel pump relay

Any help would be appreciated and i will update if i find any thing

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, main ecu's live in the footwell (one behind a bulge cover on outer outer side) and the other behind a steel panel under the carpet where your feet would push against (carpet has 2 obvious cuts in to pull back) on my car they are left side (r/h drive)
the fuel relay is in the engine bay on a bracket mounted directly beside the coolant header tank
good luck

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help .Upon inspection it was the fuel pump I cleaned the connector near the coil ?? and could here the fuel being delivered. Turned the key and it started straight away there must be some electric feed from there?
Again thanks for your reply.
I notice you are from ipswich. I actually bought the car from outside norwich a couple of years ago im in huddersfield.Good to see some yuk members on the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts