Alfa Romeo Forums banner

strange new problem..this is weird.

801 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ghnl 
#1 ·
.. i just adjusted my koni's from full soft( front shocks ) to 1 full turn...now if i hit a bump..not a small one but one that will take notice.. she cut's out.:confused::eek::confused:. did not happen before.:confused:.even when i hit the same bumps before..maybe she doe's not like the new setting?:rolleyes::confused:

#2 ·
Sounds like you may have jiggled something loose. Check the areas around the top of the shock for loose conneections.
Paul

#3 ·
Sound as though 1 full turn has stiffened up the shocks quit a bit. Is it possible that something, let's say something to do with the ignition system, is loose, and when you hit a bump it moves a little causing your problem? After all, the shocks aren't absorbing as much of the impact that they use to, so something else is going to suffer. I might not have said this right, but you get the idea, right?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

#5 ·
I thought adjusting Konis only affected the rebound, not the compression? (the reds are like that anyway)

Still, I agree that it's prolly something that happened to be ->thisclose<- to coming loose that's now getting an intermittant contact.

I think I'd be running to the starter and ignition coil connections first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.