Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the "stinger" on my '85 Spider. To me, it's not too loud or obnoxious, and I'm over 50.

I can't feel any extra power, but I do Love the sound of the engine's music, and pulled the radio I couldn't hear the year I bought it (that was with the can).

I did have a problem with the twin-tip muffler from IAP and returned the first one that broke. I had all the proper rubber mounts, and the new one broke the pipe on the muffler assembly just after the hanger. I figured it was weight, and there is no hanger provided for the very end of the exhaust. When the new one was installed and broke in the same place, I welded it and added an extra brace to try and strengthen it, then painted the repair. In the meantime, after the 1st one broke and thought I had to wait a while for the warrantied replacement, I bought and installed the straight pipe from Centerline. The new repaired twin-tip Ansa is still in the garage. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
My stinger isn't as loud as Murray's muffler either - but I enjoyed the video! Thanks! Love that black paint job, too! :D

I didn't mention that I also have a K&N air filter and headers, but do have the Italian resonator. I've either gotten used to the "louder" stinger, or it's mellowed out a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.